SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CA latest 2A attack
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CA latest 2A attack Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 599 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Man, when the ACLU comes out against you on a gun issue, you know you've turned it up to 11.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
All the more reason to be the gray man - people wouldn't even know I owned guns in CA.

Even so, I don't flaunt it here and if I worked in a conventional type office, I'd never mention it. Ever.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chuck Michel, calling Chuck Michel...

quote:
Co-workers who want to request a gun violence restraining order will have to have "substantial and regular interactions" with gun owners, and co-workers and school employees will need to get approval from their employers or school administrators before seeking a restraining order.

Me thinks, there are a number of district attorney's attempting to broadly and liberally interpret this.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that everyday, law abiding, working Californians are now considered 'guilty until proven innocent' if they own a gun.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
So, they are taking away your guns AND your electricity?

Posts: 5916 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sorry to say, there is no stopping Newsom and his supermajority assembly in creating new gun laws at will. This is only the beginning.

When a guy like Don Kilmer, top gun attorney, leaves CA because of the leftist swarm, you know it's bad. Only hope for CA is Trump and SCOTUS.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Even Gov Moonbeam vetoed this twice Roll Eyes

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
So, they are taking away your guns AND your electricity?

And your sports car, and your ability to water your lawn. But you get all the fecal matter, used needles, and blight you want.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Let's not forget that they're taking away your little bottle of shampoo from your hotel rooms also. Wink

Posts: 3407 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
and straws too.

I'm goign to conceal carry a straw into a restaurant well because concealed means concealed.

Posts: 4254 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
^^Let's not forget that they're taking away your little bottle of shampoo from your hotel rooms also. Wink

That’s outrageous!! That means no little bottles of lotion!!!

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Chuck Michel, calling Chuck Michel...

quote:
Co-workers who want to request a gun violence restraining order will have to have "substantial and regular interactions" with gun owners, and co-workers and school employees will need to get approval from their employers or school administrators before seeking a restraining order.

Me thinks, there are a number of district attorney's attempting to broadly and liberally interpret this.

So, someone has to go to their HR department and get approval before seeking an RO.

May the lawsuits begin. I would expect every one of these HR approvals to result in a lawsuit. At least I hope so.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
All the more reason to be the gray man - people wouldn't even know I owned guns in CA.

Even so, I don't flaunt it here and if I worked in a conventional type office, I'd never mention it. Ever.

I am the grey man in a silver Prius. Mock me if you want, but I roll through the feces and crackpipe strewn streets without a second look. Not an exaggeration. Saw a perfectly good crackpipe tossed away while walking the dog.

Plus gas prices are within striking distance of $5.00 a gallon for regular. My car is paid off and gets 42 mpg. 50 if I really annoy my fellow commuters.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
What utter bullshit ~ talk about NO due process. Mad

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Coming soon to the commonwealth of Virginia

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These "red flag" laws seem to be blatant abuses of due process and your rights protecting you from unlawful search and seizure.
Is there any way to demonstrate to a court that you do not represent any threat of harm? And if you do prove your are "safe", are those who made the accusations against you civilly and criminally liable? Shouldnt they be?
Come on SCOTUS! Step in and end this.
This all reminds me of the Stalin era (as well as others) in Russia, in which the ordinary citizen was encouraged to act as an informer for the KGB!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post