SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcyclists - Who do we like for clutch kits?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcyclists - Who do we like for clutch kits? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
The Zook needs a new clutch. Been a LONG time since I've had to put a clutch in a motorcycle.

Back in the day, Barnett used to be the big player. Are they still a good source?

Don't need the latest/greatest carbon fiber unobtainium stuff, like to keep a kit with steels, frictions and springs in the neighborhood of $100.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
The OEM stuff is really hard to beat these days. My Tenere has 75k on it and is still strong and that with a lot of abuse!

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3695 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After being in the automotive and motorcycle repair business for so many years I agree with the OEM recommendation. If tough to beat OEM quality - especially with motorcycle parts. That said Barnett clutch seem to hold up decent if OEM isn't a viable option.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'll check with my dealer and see what an OEM set costs. Looking at the individual parts on Partzilla is just stupid expensive.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with everyone in the thread. OEM is the only way to go.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Barnett is good stuff as good or better than oem

Posts: 23525 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course it does depend on exact model, but no way that Barnett is better than OEM on any modern sport bike. Cheaper I'll buy but better, not a chance. This bike I have no idea, but I would never buy anything other than an OEM one these days. Some really older bikes you get no choice.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11011 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post