SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You guys and your fancy schmancy instant read cooking therometers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys and your fancy schmancy instant read cooking therometers Login/Join 
posted
For three and a half years I read about your Voo Doo magical high tech gadgets.

So I got one last June.
Thought I'd say that I am glad you talked about them.

I use mine two or three times a week.
They
Sure help out .

In my top four purchases for 2022.

I am sold .

( Get me , Iam high tech)
Happy New Year.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
IR Gun, Bluetooth or wired?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Thermapen is the waste kang of temperature measurement.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$30.00 on sale Terma pen.
No blue toothe, no wifi

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Thermapen is the waste kang of temperature measurement.

Werd... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
They are really neat. The leave the probe in kind are fun too:

Posts: 10968 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
A picture of Heaven for Engineers

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Smoke, here. Only used once so far, but it's great.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15341 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
That's an idea for a thread topic - what life improving items do you have that you learned about on Sig Forum - nah, too wordy. Big Grin

I've had a switchblade thermapen for a couple years and Santa brought me a 4 outlet wired thermaprobe outfit with a remote control last year. Anything higher tech would be wasted on a flip phone guy like me.

Do a reverse sear on some 2" thick ribeyes - yum yum Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
$30.00 on sale Terma pen.
No blue toothe, no wifi

I have both the Thermopop 1.0 ($30'ish)and Thermapen Mk IV.
The Thermopop is a really good deal and the Ver. 1.0 is now $12.60!
I've bought several as gifts and really don't need anymore but $12.60! They are fazing them out w/ the introduction of the 2.0.

ETA: I've got 2 ThermoPops inbound soon. They make great gifts. My nieces and nephews get the Thermapen for weddings. Thermopops for lesser occasions.

https://www.thermoworks.com/thermopop/

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the right gear for the job, makes any project a pleasure.

Having a solid thermometer, you can throw out any time estimation adherence to any recipe. Read the temp, not the clock.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous bird.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Thank you

4.2 lb pasture-raised and finished on dandelions and corn. Local rancher.

Wink

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^

A picture of useless nerd crap for people who know how to cook! Razz

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

True. I won’t lay any claims to knowing how to cook. The yellow line is the temp inside my Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker and since the thermometer built into the lid seems to be broken (it said 150 the whole time) how else would you know what the temp was over the 12 hours it took the 10lb pork butt I smoked?

Posts: 10968 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

True. I won’t lay any claims to knowing how to cook. The yellow line is the temp inside my Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker and since the thermometer built into the lid seems to be broken (it said 150 the whole time) how else would you know what the temp was over the 12 hours it took the 10lb pork butt I smoked?

Weber Smokey Mountain is a great cooker I use one in the wintertime when my stick burner lives in the barn up at the lake. Lid thermometers are notoriously way off in any grill or cooker. The door thermometers on my smoker are way off as well. I have a couple cheap mechanical oven therms laying around. I will put them in my smoker once or twice a year and check them against the door thermometers. If my oven therm reads 275 inside the smoker and the door therm reads 225 I know know that the door therm is about fifty degrees off. If the oven therm is off by five or ten degrees who cares.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post