SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Missing Your Mother Ever Get Easier
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Missing Your Mother Ever Get Easier Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
The lawyer said the most difficult thing will be clearing out the house. Ya, he was full of shit in this regard.

When my mother died, my brother and I cleared the house out, ready to go on the market.

After we'd done, I went back and just sat in there, on the staircase for an hour. Man, those walls and rooms were full of memories. When I left, and locked the door, it was like closing a book on a part of my life. I had to wait a few minutes before I could see to drive away.

I hear you. My family was the only family in the house since it was brand new. I had a hard time imagining not having access to that house anymore. But, I look at it this way. The family flag has been transfer to my house now. Along with all the memories. That's what's important.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
My mother passed away in 1997, she was fifty one. I miss her but it has gotten easier. I lost my twenty year old daughter on July 4, 2018 from a dissection of the aorta in her sleep. The pain and agony over that is something I struggle with every day and I can’t imagine it will ever get better, she was the best child a person could ask for. I’ve got 106 pictures of her on my phone and I look at them every night before I go to sleep. It’s kind of my way of letting her know I’ll never forget her. Best wishes to you.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Missing anyone you love doesn't get easy at any point. My dog got so sick that i had to put him down myself. this was ten years go and i still miss him and haven't had a pet since then.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
My mother died in 1993, she was 53. I still miss her terribly, the pain & grief get easier; but the loss remains.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
The first year was the toughest. Every birthday party and holiday without her was like a kick in the gut. Just keep pressing on and making her proud. It's what she'd want you to do. It does get easier as the years pass but every once in a while it stings like it just happened.

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
We just visited my mother’s grave April 7th. It has been 3 years since she passed at 74. I’m hitting 54 and it was later in life I had my children. My mom loved my oldest daughter turning 13 this year and it gave her great hope to have a grandchild that become one to be proud of. Mom died a couple of months before my youngest daughter, turning 3 this year, was born. We named her Caroline for my mother, Carole. She would have loved this one dearly too. For me, that is the hardest part, knowing my youngest will have never known my mom except through pictures, some videos and an audio recording. We talk about mom so much, Caroline says she loves her “mamaw”. Gets me every time. She had a rough trip out of this world and suffer from strokes and dementia for two years in a nursing home. It was almost a relief to see her suffering end but the loss hasn’t gotten any easier. Not yet anyway.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both my father and mother passed several years ago. I almost did not open this thread because I knew what would happen. I have cried as I read each post.

I know that each one of us are different and react to things in different ways. If it truly does get easier, I hope that time arrives soon. I miss them both terribly. I had always heard time heals all wounds but I am not sure of this at all.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am truly sorry that you have lost your mother. I lost my dad in 92 and my mom in 95. I'm an only child and my first thought when she died was that I was an orphan. Silly, as I was in my early 40's. It does not get better, different with time, but not better. God bless you.

Posts: 56 | Registered: January 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
My mother passed away in 1997, she was fifty one. I miss her but it has gotten easier. I lost my twenty year old daughter on July 4, 2018 from a dissection of the aorta in her sleep. The pain and agony over that is something I struggle with every day and I can’t imagine it will ever get better, she was the best child a person could ask for. I’ve got 106 pictures of her on my phone and I look at them every night before I go to sleep. It’s kind of my way of letting her know I’ll never forget her. Best wishes to you.

techguy,

Wow - I cannot imagine. My daughter turned 20 in January. My heart goes out to you.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post