SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for help !! I need to buy an Electric HEDGE TRIMMER.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for help !! I need to buy an Electric HEDGE TRIMMER. Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
quote:
Originally posted by GotDogs:
The Mrs. wants wired over battery. Thanks so far for the help guy's. John!

I had a wired. Note had.

I cut the cord on more that one occasion. No one to blame but myself.

I would go with battery power.
I can vouch for the B&D Hedgehog's wire cutting ability.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:

I had a wired. Note had.

I can vouch for the B&D Hedgehog's wire cutting ability.

Me too. Mine still works pretty well but I might shoot it soon so I can go cordless.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
I bought a B&D HedgeHog trimmer some years ago - it cut through EVERYTHING!

I had one too and agree. It lasted 10 years of rough usage before sounding like a freight train and I bought a gas Echo. I would definately say the B+D is a great electric trimmer for under $50. But then the extension cords get expensive Big Grin I cut through 2 or 3 of them over the years. heheheeh Especially when the 100' extension cords in the lawn section are now green instead of bright orange or yellow!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a TORO cordless, 24 volt lithium battery. several years old. works much better than I expected.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a B&D 40volt model at Wally World and it works great. I was tired of dealing with the gas/oil issues (just never worked for me). I also ended up getting an 80 volt Kobalt weed eater and it is awesome. .105 Gator line and a 30 minute recharge, can't be beat.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Thank you guy's ...... I went with the B+D H.Hog. I was able to find one on Flea Bay NIB from a very reputable dealer. Thanks ..... John !

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Sauer Kraut:
Wireless or wired? Generally wired are more powerful and cheaper than battery powered ones.

But also 100% more likely to allow you to accidentally cut the extension cord.

(Ask me how I know... Big Grin)

After years of dealing with a corded model, fighting with the extension cord while dragging it all over the yard (and even cutting it on one occasion), I recently went with a Black & Decker battery model. I used to dread trimming the hedges, but without the cord, it's much less of a hassle.

Yes, the old cord trick. Been there done that. I switched to a gasoline trimmer, never looked back. Same thing with any kind of saw or trimmer, gas all the way.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I had a wired. Note had.

This^ I cut the cord more times than I want to admit. I bought the battery-powered EGO 56 volt 24" and have not looked back. I liked it so much I bought a weedeater and blower that use the same 56 volt battery. home Depot sells them. Check out those reviews (they're good).

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post