SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Blocked on X sabotage suspected
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Blocked on X sabotage suspected Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted
Can't Log on to X - Paid up Premium account appears to be internally blocked

When I try to access X I get the let's verify you are human screen. I do the slide the rock puzzle successfully. The next screen is a 'let's confirm you are human' with screen code and instructions to scan with a phone camera to continue. Scanning with phone camera does nothing and screen stays locked until it is closed.

This is on all computers/chromebooks on my Spectrum home network. My wife had X access until she signed out, now she cannot sign in on our home network but she can access via phone.

I have an email from X customer service saying my paid up until Feb 2027 is in good standing yet I am locked out and further appeals have been ghosted. My last access was in July 2026. I've cleared history but am not tech savvy.

I did call wnba a league full of tuna breath carpet munchers in a heated thread about Caitlin Clark and Sophie Cunningham and I lost posting priveleges - I appealed and won my appeal, posting priveleges were restored. A few days later my account was blocked and apparently X can't be accessed using my home network.No explanation and Further appeals are ignored.

My guess is X has some sabotuer carpet munchers on payroll.


________________________
God spelled backwards is dog
 
Posts: 5119 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
They just got hacked recently, no sure if it applies.


AI Overview The U.S. Justice Department is working with Elon Musk’s X to track down sophisticated cybercriminals behind
The Cyberattack on XThe Incident: A large-scale password-recovery or "forgot password" exploit targeted hundreds of thousands of accounts on the social media platform.The Response: U.S. Attorney General Todd Blanche announced that the platform successfully disrupted the attack before it could compromise the targeted accounts.The Investigation: The U.S. Justice Department is actively pursuing the individuals responsible alongside X's security team.
 
Posts: 2018 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Here’s what GROK suggests…


This is almost certainly an IP / network reputation issue with your Spectrum home connection, not an account problem. X’s anti-bot systems (CAPTCHA + secondary “confirm you are human” checks) frequently flag residential ISP IP ranges. Your Premium account being in good standing (confirmed by email, paid through Feb 2027) and the fact that access works on cellular data but fails on every device on the home Spectrum network points strongly to this. 
The puzzle succeeds, then the next screen with the QR/code stays locked because the secondary verification never completes from that IP. Scanning with a regular camera often does nothing; these prompts frequently expect the official X app or a specific approval flow.
Immediate workarounds that usually restore access
1. Use the phone’s cellular data or hotspot
• On the phone that already works: stay on mobile data (not Wi-Fi) and use the X app or browser.
• For computers/Chromebooks: turn the working phone into a hotspot and connect the computer to it. This changes the IP and often clears the loop immediately.
2. VPN on the home network computers
A reputable VPN (any paid one or a short free trial) routes traffic through a different IP. This is the most reliable long-term fix if the Spectrum IP stays flagged. Connect the VPN first, then try logging into x.com in a private/incognito window.
3. Browser cleanup (do this on the home network before trying again)
• Use an incognito/private window.
• Clear cookies and site data specifically for x.com / twitter.com (not just general history).
• Disable all extensions (ad blockers, privacy tools, etc.).
• Try a different browser (Chrome → Edge or Firefox, or vice versa).
• Make sure JavaScript is enabled.
Spectrum-side checks
Spectrum’s Security Shield (enabled by default on many Advanced Home WiFi setups) can interfere with sites or scripts, though it is less common for X specifically.
• Open the My Spectrum app → Services → Internet → Security Shield → turn it off.
• Reboot the modem and router afterward. 
Also try changing DNS on the router or devices to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1) or Google (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4). This bypasses any ISP-level filtering.
About the QR / “confirm you are human” screen
• Prefer scanning with the X app’s own QR scanner (profile icon → QR code icon) rather than the phone’s generic camera.
• Have the X app open and already logged in on the phone while you scan from the computer. Sometimes the approval appears as a notification or prompt inside the app.
• If the phone is on the home Wi-Fi when scanning, switch it to cellular data first.
Longer-term / support path
• Stop repeated login attempts for 24–48 hours; temporary IP or rate flags sometimes clear on their own.
• When you contact support again, include: screenshots of both verification screens, the exact time of attempts, that the account is Premium and confirmed in good standing, that it works on cellular but fails on the Spectrum home IP, and that further appeals were unanswered. Use the official help forms for locked/restricted accounts or login problems.
• If you have 2FA enabled, make sure you still have access to the authenticator app, SMS, or backup codes—though this sounds more like the human-verification layer than a classic 2FA loop.
Most people in this exact situation (home ISP blocked, mobile works, account otherwise fine) regain reliable access by using a VPN or mobile hotspot until the IP reputation improves or they switch networks. Start with the hotspot test—that will confirm the diagnosis in under a minute



'veritas non verba magistri'
 
Posts: 4268 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
thanks - fuck GROK and the horse he rode in on.

no way I'm jumping through hoops like that.

got along without X before will get along without them now. Does piss me off that they stole about a half years prepaid subscription approx $50 but I'll trash X every chance I get - yeah, that'll show em Razz


________________________
God spelled backwards is dog
 
Posts: 5119 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Twitter I SAID TWITTER is ferreting out bots. I got the same prompts and satisfied their query with Face ID on my phone.

Likely, that's all it is- it's simply your turn to prove that you're human. No hacks, no revenge against you, nothin'. Just plain ol' housekeeping.
 
Posts: 114939 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
In addition, if you use a VPN try turning it off to log in. There are a number of sites that I can't log in when my VPN is active. Usually I can turn it back on after logging in and it works normally.
 
Posts: 11498 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
No vpn and when I signed up I used my google gmail acct login and pword. Did not sign up with a mobile phone as I'm a dinosauer who does not have a smart phone. I do have a flip phone for emergencies. Signed up for premium on a 1/2 price deal and it has auto renew.

My wife has her own X acct on a computer I've never used. She gets the same scan this code screen that freezes and she is blocked.

Until proven otherwise I maintain that I've pissed off a carpetmuncher and lezzie has blocked access and sabotaged my account. Someday I'll try logging in from another wifi network but not today.

Another thought was this is God's way of telling me to back off - wasting too much screen time on things that I can do nothing about.


________________________
God spelled backwards is dog
 
Posts: 5119 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
"I can't stand it, I know you planned it
I'ma set it straight, this Watergate...
I'm telling ya'll, it's sabatoge"
 
Posts: 2516 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did call wnba a league full of tuna breath carpet munchers

I kinda like that. Smile



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11798 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Blocked on X sabotage suspected

© SIGforum 2026