SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My perfect edc light . . . . Doesn't exist.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My perfect edc light . . . . Doesn't exist. Login/Join 
posted
It woul be no longer than a ball point pen and
No larger around than a one dollar coin.

A recessed on/off button on one end would allow it to stand on end.

A two position sliding thumb switch on the barrel for choosing between 30 lumens or 450 lumens.

The two position lens head could rotate at a right angle if need be.

A pocket clip and lanyard hole and an anti roll kick stand.

11 minutes on high and 49 minute run time on low ( at least)

Water proof to 13 feet.

Knurled barrel for good purchase.

Belt scabbard /pouch included

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The two position lens head could rotate at a right angle if need be.

This one is the only hangup. Lights are available that check every one of your other boxes (well, most will feature a mode button, rather than a sliding toggle switch).

Posts: 33103 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fenix WT25R checks most all of those boxes.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
You'll have more luck finding a woman that checks all of your boxes. Smile

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17621 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
These are incredibly bright: night vision, spot and Flood choices.
https://teampython.com/product...ght-premium-quality/

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Bendable,

Let's make the unavailable even more unavailable by requiring that it's dual fuel and can run on either two 123As or one 18650. I mean if you're going to swing for the fences, really swing.

Posts: 4254 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I just got this one and absolutely love it, does it have everything you asked for, no, but it does have most of them. Especially the stand on one end, also has a magnet and is rechargeable. $23 on Amazon

Wuben E7

It even has an 18650 option.

This one has a head that you can rotate.

Wuben E3

Posts: 3789 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Bendable,

I mean if you're going to swing for the fences, really swing.

Seems like there should be "a guy" that would make a guy one for a couple hundred bucks.

Custom guns, cars, motorcycle, can be made.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post