SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Toyota Dealership is slowly starting to look like a scene from a post apocalyptic film
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Toyota Dealership is slowly starting to look like a scene from a post apocalyptic film Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Why have a middleman when you can order a new car right from the carmaker and have it delivered right to your house?

Likely because at this point none of the major manufacturers have any interest in selling cars directly to consumers.

Plus how is a person going to test drive it before buying it, get it repaired, etc. A lot of car buying is emotion for people, they see it and like it, have to have it.

Right now most of the cars that come in to dealers are already pre-sold, so what inventory that comes in, leaves in a few days.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I just had to buy a car for a new job. I got extremely lucky finding the right used car, but it wasn't for a lack of effort trying to buy something new.

Nobody has anything in stock, not anything remotely practical or interesting.

I stumbled upon a commercial sales guy and panic ordered a new truck because I'll get it at msrp.

In a year or so.

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Local dealer here is the same. One car on the showroom floor. Lot is essentially empty.
Was talking to the sales manager and he said he is busier than ever. Sales are through the roof.

In most cases the gas powered cars are sold even before they hit the lot and the wait time is about three weeks. If you’re after an EV or a hybrid the wait time is about 4 months.

He says the cars are never here long enough to actually hit the lot.

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
It’s hit and miss. Some lots have quit3 a few and there are those like you’d described.

My theory is the empty lot ones are those willing to make deals and move cars. The ones with a lot of cars must be too proud of their prices.

Posts: 1354 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post