SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oh, so there IS a dress code at nude beach. Catalonian nudists are "uncomfortable"...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, so there IS a dress code at nude beach. Catalonian nudists are "uncomfortable"... Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted
Maybe it's just that the water is cold sir!

‘A lack of respect’: Catalonian nudists campaign against clothed tourists

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
You want to be nude in a public place, you must understand the public mentality.

I love Spain and have an excellent time there, there is nudity at the beaches but for some reason nobody really seems to care.

I wonder if the people having issue are American or Europeans… the Europeans just don’t seem to even look twice.

Besides, women being on a beach in some of the bathing suits I’ve seen could just as well be nude.

In a way, it is more erotic than just going without.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

Maybe it's just that the water is cold sir!

‘A lack of respect’: Catalonian nudists campaign against clothed tourists
There's just one photo of the nude beach, in the linked article. I'll save you the trouble; here it is (we're gonna need a bigger magnifying glass) --

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a beautiful vacation spot, but I'd avoid it if given the opportunity. I'm not gonna be uncomfortably naked to make someone else less uncomfortable about being around clothed people. Especially on a public beach...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
There's an aphorism among cops, EMTs, and hospital workers: "The people you get to see naked are not the people you wanna see naked".

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
There's an aphorism among cops, EMTs, and hospital workers: "The people you get to see naked are not the people you wanna see naked".

17 years working in a jail confirms the statement is true.

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The nudists may feel like some of the non-nudists are just there to gawk. I can understand that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, of course you can

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, of course you can

You must really like me. You weren't even taking part in this thread.

What do you think? Why are the nudists uncomfortable?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How the fuck should I know?

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, of course you can

You must really like me. You weren't even taking part in this thread.

What do you think? Why are the nudists uncomfortable?

Because it’s a pubic beach, yo…..

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are the nudists uncomfortable?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
If one voluntarily elects to be nude in PUBLIC, they should not be surprised if they attract unwanted attention. On the other hand, nudism on PRIVATE property would imply a much greater expectation of privacy.

BTW - Why DID the chicken cross the nude beach? To see the other's hide.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to say they have a problem with those who have some morals/decency, but if you are going to a known nude beach, what morals would you have?

We have a public nude beach in our county and I have had to respond on duty to calls there. It is not a place I would go to at all.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Why are the nudists uncomfortable?

Excellent hyperbole!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

I have nieces who are nurses. Two of them used to be EMTs. One of them is married to a paramedic. They all say the same thing.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
My home town in Southern France has a few nudist beaches and its no big deal, they have a different attitude and yeah it’s considered rude to openly gawk or take pictures. Mostly US tourists or Asian.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Years ago my wife and I visited a nudist camp... not my cup of tea... the real issue was the sympathy cards she received the next week after we got home....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post