SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Foods you have forgotten about, or didn't know about that you like.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foods you have forgotten about, or didn't know about that you like. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I must be the only one in the forum that thinks mince meat pie tastes nasty!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, does anyone remember Scottish Meat Pies? Made from mutton, with a very leathery type of dough cover that looks more like a cardboard tube. Used to buy them at the local Scottish Games when I was a kid. Haven’t had or seen one in 50 years.

Posts: 2158 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
I must be the only one in the forum that thinks mince meat pie tastes nasty!

Nope, you're NOT alone! As a result I haven't been near one in probably 60 years! LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16515 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have forgotten how much I liked mincemeat pie. I have managed to eat half of a pie myself.

Plus I have me a container of Benedictine, and I have put a big dent into it!

ARman

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Well what about Rumaki, Chicken liver and Water Chestnut wrapped in Bacon? I love the stuff. Ya never hear about it any more.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
You could’ve just deleted your previous post. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Just before Christmas I was shopping in the mall and came across this Italian store. They had this almond nougat candy that I remember loving as a kid. Haven't seen it in forever. I bought a few and it's awesome. My GF hated it. LOL

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastitsio

Grandmother came from Greece in the 1940's and made this dish. She passed in 2007 and the recipe with her.
A few relatives have tried and it's been ok but nothing topped hers.

Local Greek restaraunt here in WV makes it occasionally.
Early this year was the 1st time I tried it.
He made it with or without tomato sauce, said without was traditional

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2935 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post