SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you watched this incredible time lapse of the Grand Canyon?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you watched this incredible time lapse of the Grand Canyon? Login/Join 
Picture of dubya
posted
Saw the Grand Canyon as a kid and it was great (well Grande! Smile ).

This is cool... Very cool, dude!

Go to the link for the video...

http://gizmodo.com/this-time-l...-give-you-1795219756

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
That was way cool!

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Watching that just makes me want to get a motorized slider for my camera.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Amazing how the fog behaved like liquid water rather than gaseous water.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting! I want to get back there!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38716 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
That was well worth the trouble - thanks!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24171 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Good friend of mine works at the Grand Canyon as an electrician. He loves it there. He's been there for years and tells me to visit. I wish we did when we still lived in El Paso. Now it's not as practical living in FL but it's a place I'd like to spend some time at one day.

Posts: 13146 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
That was pretty cool. I wonder what it was like if you were there in real time.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Having visited several times it just makes your jaw drop, this adds to the appeal to go back.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I went on a vacation late last month for our anniversary and part of that vacation included a full day from 0930 until sunset at the Grand Canyon. Pictures and video do not do it justice. You have to see it with your own eyes to appreciate the immensity of the canyon!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Amazing how the fog behaved like liquid water rather than gaseous water.

Gives you a real sense of how it was created.

Posts: 20129 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. The family and I were there a few years ago - one of my favorite places to visit. I just forward this to my sister. She and her family head that way Sunday.

Michael

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puddle Pirate
Picture of kornesque
posted Hide Post
Wish I could watch, sounds neato.

Puscifer did excellent work on their video for Grand Canyon, lots of time lapse and drone footage with a crazy soundtrack to go with it. Worth watching twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HivxFBB87-Y

"Happiness is red and free."

Posts: 1794 | Location: Low Country, SC | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Amazing x 100.

Of course, here in yUK we having nothing quite like the Grand Canyon, but we DO have a winged statue made of rusting scrap iron that has a 120 foot wingspan. Sadly, it is NEVER hidden mysteriously by roiling mists, but is there as permanent offence to the eyeballs of anybody daft enough to travel far enough North to see it.

tac

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post