SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    September 18 Is National CheeseBurger Day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

September 18 Is National CheeseBurger Day Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30715 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Where's the beef?

Posts: 11174 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
September 18th ?!?

I've been told it was March 14th.

Gonna have to clear this up when I get home.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
And I had one!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20324 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just had one and didn't even know I was in compliance!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Seeing that I'm already facing the possibility of some heavy duty prison time (I cut the tag off my mattress), I figured that I better observe this national day; I did not want to serve two consecutive sentences, so I complied with the mandate.

I wanted something a bit better than the typical fast-food burger. Tried Culver's last month and it was terrible. I was going to try Arby's Wagyu, but was informed that it is not a current menu item.

I was just going to give in and pick up a Dave's double at Wendy's on the way home, then I saw the sign for Sonny's BBQ and remembered that they have burgers on the menu. I had never tried one there, so I pulled in to the parking lot, went up to the take-out counter and ordered a couple. The young lady was pleasant and attentive, and assured me that I could indeed get them medium rare.

Got them home and dug in. My wife and I agreed that these rank with the very best restaurant burgers. They were outstanding! If there's a Sonny's anywhere near you, I suggest that you try the burger there.

Didn't order any of their sides, as we had some fresh corn in the refrigerator, steamed a few ears for a great side dish.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30715 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The food court at the mall didn't have a burger joint, so I had a chicken sandwich instead. To make amends somewhat, the menu tonight is turkey cheeseburgers with baked beans. Great looking burger pic in V-Tail's first post. Smile

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to get a cheeburger and a Coke.

Posts: 11002 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I had just taken my chicken dinner out of the (microwave) oven when I saw the notice. Damn! I'll get a cheeseburger tomorrow, I promise.

Posts: 7273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Since we open our gifts on Christmas Eve, we ate our cheeseburgers on cheeseburger eve.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcrimm,

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post

Jimmy Buffet, Cheeseburger In Paradise song

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Tried to amend my carnivorous habits.
Made it nearly seventy days,
Losin' weight without speed, eatin' sunflower seeds,
Drinkin' lots of carrot juice and soakin' up rays.

But at night I'd have these wonderful dreams
Some kind of sensuous treat.
Not zucchini, fettuccini, or bulger wheat,
But a big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat.

Cheeseburger in paradise.
Heaven on earth with an onion slice.
Not too particular, not too precise.
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato,
Heinz Fifty-seven and French fried potatoes.
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.
Well, good God Almighty, which way do I steer
For my cheeseburger in paradise.

Verse 2:
Heard about the old time sailor men,
They eat the same thing again and again;
Warm beer and bread they say could raise the dead.
Well, it reminds me of the menu at a Holiday Inn.

But times have changed for sailors these days.
When I'm in port I get what I need;
Not just Havanas or banana or daiquiris,
But that American creation on which I feed!

Cheeseburger in paradise
Medium rare with mustard'd be nice
Not too particular, not too precise

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draught beer
Well, good god Almighty which way do I steer

For a cheeseburger in paradise
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice.
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice
To get a cheeseburger in paradise;
To be a cheeseburger in paradise.

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^
I thank you for that!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8995 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
September 18th ?!?

I've been told it was March 14th.

Gonna have to clear this up when I get home.

Why would you eat a cheeseburger on pi(e) day?!?!

I did not participate though, I ate a sandwich from The Sandwich Spot.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2448 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife was all set to make some casserole. I called her up and mentioned it was National CheeseBurger day (which I learned here). I went to Whataburger and picked up some deliciousness. I even bought a "for later" burger to take for lunch today. It's 8:30 and that burger is gone.
I don't usually get involved with National this or that day, but CheeseBurger day is on my calendar.

Posts: 676 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Shit. I missed it.

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Shit. I missed it.
Just set your watch back 24 hours.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I had a mushroom swiss burger at my neighborhood joint. Inexpensive and good. Good fries, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I got my cheeburger, but they didn’t have Coke, just Pepsi.

Posts: 11002 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post