SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ~*~Rotndad needs Freezer help please. Appliance Brad PLEASE advise~*~
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~*~Rotndad needs Freezer help please. Appliance Brad PLEASE advise~*~ Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted
My outside refrigerator freezer has something blocking the freezer drawer from opening and closing completely. This is an GE upright refrigerator/freezer that is about 2/3 refrigerator and the bottom 1/3 is a pull out drawer freezer. I already tried hanking the hell out of it and a coat hanger.

My next idea is to empty the refrigerator part and tip it on it's back or side until I can get it open. I am hesitant to do that because I have heard that the oil will drain into the wrong section of the compressor and destroy it.

Any other ideas other than tannerite?Big Grin Is there a way to disassemble the bottom of the fridge to acces the freezer with the drawer stucK?

HELP!!!

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For amusement until Brad gets here; I would unplug it, lean it backward(ish), and shake it gently while someone pulls open the drawer.

Afterward, leave it unplugged a couple hours in case any oil got up too high.

Watch your toes.

Posts: 1361 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can open the drawer enough to get your arm in there.....lay on the floor and run your hand in the bottom of the inside of the freezer, sometimes stuff falls underneath the drawer and then gets stuck and won't allow the drawer to open.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
We had this occur with a bottom freezer GE.
The freezer drawer was not closed all the way for several days and ice was built up on the drawer slides.
Leaving the refrigerator unplugged overnight melted the ice and the drawer could Be opened.
This happened during construction and before we closed on the house and no food was in the fridge.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post