SIGforum
Ever impulse bid on Gunbroker and then hope to win AND lose at the same time?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7390023334

November 18, 2017, 09:19 AM
patw
Ever impulse bid on Gunbroker and then hope to win AND lose at the same time?
What kills me more is that there are some great deals now and I really don't need another gun,not that I have a lot, but it is hard to pass up sometimes.
November 18, 2017, 09:26 AM
Tommydogg
I bought a 68 Mercury Cougar on EBAY like that once. I got a really outstanding deal and the car was in excellent shape. The only problem was, I got stupid when dating my ex girlfriend when she messed up my thought process and I sold it.

Beth Greene
November 18, 2017, 12:16 PM
HCM
Yes, it's how I got my MPX but in the end I'm very happy with the gun.
November 18, 2017, 12:22 PM
rangemaster
For me alcohol is usually involved.

Anybody wanna buy a LNIB uzi pistol in .22? Roll Eyes
November 18, 2017, 12:26 PM
P220 Smudge
Sure did, just about a month ago. A sporterized 1943 Remington 1903A3 that was perfect for conversion to an A4, since it was already drilled and tapped and even had a Redfield Jr base on it. My brother is doing the conversion and I should have it pretty soon. As it turns out, the timing could not have been worse, and I was 50/50 hoping to lose the auction, but it wasn't listed properly and other guys looking to do the same thing might not have seen it, so I snagged it for an even $300 after losing a bidding war a few days prior for basically the same rifle, letting that one walk at $550. A few parts swaps, my brother's scant stock set and 2.5x Weaver, and I'm in business.

November 20, 2017, 05:31 AM
sybo
Ah, um , well yes the auction ended last night on a JM Marlin SS 336. I was the only bidder till last 8 hours or so. Price started at $695.00, ok I’ll play! Someone drove the price up and I held my ground on the price. It was a BEAUTIFUL stainless model that someone else now owns. Somehow I am relieved. Go figure......