SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A.G Russell (owner of A.G. Russell Knives) has passed away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A.G Russell (owner of A.G. Russell Knives) has passed away Login/Join 
posted
https://5newsonline.com/2018/1...-knives-passes-away/

R.I.P. Mr. Russell. Prayers and smoke from Kansas. Bought one of my first pocket knives as a adult from his company and have bought many since. A knife industry great gone.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear. I was just looking at his Weekly Specials 35 minutes ago.

I purchased a couple of knives from his company over the years.

R.I.P. Mr. Russell. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you're ever in Northwest Arkansas, the AG Russell retail store is well worth a visit.

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed his catalog, Godspeed Mr Russell

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of his Woodswalker knives. Great little fixed blade. His company catalogs are nice to relax with. RIP Mr Russell.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just posted this in the Essential Edge thread.
RIP A.G. Russell. I bought quite a few knives from him.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Russell Knife did put out an enjoyable glossy catalog. I bought a couple of knives from them over the years. Condolences to his family and friends. Hopefully Russell Knife will be able to go forward and continue to do business.

Posts: 26937 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Loved getting his Cutting Edge catalogs!! Back in the '90s, at a NY Knife Show, I met AG while walking around. He and I were stopping at the same tables and we introduced ourselves and chatted about some makers for a bit.
I remember the NZ maker, Bill Reddiex, and AG introducing me to him, he had just been featured in AG's catalog.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3406 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post