SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DB Cooper identified?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DB Cooper identified? Login/Join 
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
I actually wore slippers on the one piloted tandem jump I did, because I thought specific footwear would be issued at the club along with head protection etc. Turns out it wasn't. I was worried about loosing my shoes, but somehow made it to the ground with them still on my feet.

Posts: 2461 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Duct tape. Always bring duct tape if you are planning to jump out of an airplane or cave diving.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:
I actually wore slippers on the one piloted tandem jump I did, because I thought specific footwear would be issued at the club along with head protection etc. Turns out it wasn't. I was worried about loosing my shoes, but somehow made it to the ground with them still on my feet.

Did you jump a 727? I have and it's a bit faster than the 70 mph cessna.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
No, it was indeed a Cessna Grand Caravan. But I wasn't responding to your post specifically; it's just a "stupid me" story I like to bring up when prompted.

Posts: 2461 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:
No, it was indeed a Cessna Grand Caravan. But I wasn't responding to your post specifically; it's just a "stupid me" story I like to bring up when prompted.
I know brother. I'm just saying too.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I just saw DB at the Texas Roadhouse. He was eating a medium well bone-in ribeye and hogging all of the peanuts. Can't be sure, but I think he had a booger on his shirt.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29911 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The 727 and 208 can both fly at the same speed. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15864 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I just saw DB at the Texas Roadhouse. He was eating a medium well bone-in ribeye and hogging all of the peanuts. Can't be sure, but I think he had a booger on his shirt.....

Was he with Elvis?

Posts: 20611 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Is there a statute of limitations on skyjacking?

If not and considering nobody got harmed as far as I know, why not come out, tell your story and make bank on the book/movie deals etc.

I mean sure if your OJ you don’t go on TV with the “I killed the bitch” tour but if you are DB Cooper you are sort of a folk legend at this point.

as I understand it, there is an indictment waiting for the perpetrator in this incident.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I think they found him on the same island they found Amelia Earhart at! Eek

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bigfoots name is Ralph. Believe me. Wink

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this Rackstraw the fella that was enlisted SF in Vietnam then went officer & flight school only to be booted when he was discovered to not have the education he claimed for his commission?
Either way, I thought dude was in a local lockup at or around the time of the event?

Yeah, I like the Cooper stories when they walk out their latest experts and theories. Just a cool story.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2787 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I saw him having a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Posts: 28693 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
The 727 and 208 can both fly at the same speed. Wink

Prolly true, if the 208 is going flat out in a dive and the 727 is hanging on the edge of a stall. Wink

Posts: 7101 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prolly true, if the 208 is going flat out in a dive and the 727 is hanging on the edge of a stall.

They can both fly at safe skydiving speed. DB Cooper bailed out at 10,000 feet or less flying about 115 MPH ground speed. Gear down, door open, unpressurized.

That's about the same speed the 208 would be flying on a skydiving run. Roughly 100 MPH ground speed. The smaller planes are a bit slower at exit speed.

People often mistakenly believe that because he jumped out of a 727 that the 727 was at cruising altitude and speed. It wasn't. He deliberately had them flying low and slow to make his jump possible.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15864 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post