SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Ever Happened to Gavin Newsom?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Ever Happened to Gavin Newsom? Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Newsom is an opportunist, well seasoned in CA politics. He is smart enough to know that running in 2024 against a juggernaut like Trump is dumb, especially saddled with the negatives of a Biden presidency, and CA's bad rep. He is priming himself for a run in 2028, when there are lessor candidates not named Trump, the reason why he agreed to debate DeSantis.

Look out for our Governor Whitmer. She’s already making her desire for bigger and better things and since she’s term limited where else is there for her to go?

If it wasn’t for the the bad publicity she got during the Covid lockdowns she and her family ignoring her own stay at home orders and the flap her husband caused. That was over his attempting to get his boat out of storage ahead of others by telling the marina owner that he was the Governor’s husband and that should count for something. Well that backfired on him and the Governor both.

Before all that she was being mentioned as Biden’s 2020 VP candidate. So instead we got Harris.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Gavin is still in there fighting! Here's his new bit of intellectual product:

"Newsom proposes defunding law enforcement, prisons, public safety as California faces massive deficit"

Link

Posts: 4842 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
But there's more! An oddly specific loophole in the $20 minimum wage law exempts companies that can be classified as "bakeries". Coincidentally, the CEO of the franchise group that operates Panera Bread, a bakery/fast food restaurant, is an old high school buddy of Gov Gavin.

Gavin's peeps are now back-stroking like crazy, saying that Panera was never going to be classified as a bakery in the first place.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great they shouldn’t have any issue introducing legislation to make the $20 law applicable to all right ? Or better yet repeal it outright. I’ll sit here holding my breath.

Posts: 4972 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

On a related note, Trump was in SF (something Bush #43 never did) for a fund raiser several days ago, heartening to see supporters in San Francisco. SF news media did its best to downplay and minimize his visit. The irony is the home he was at, is across the street from Newsom's benefactor, Gordon Getty's house.

They tried so hard to hide it and downplay it that it was pathetic.

KRON ran "only a dozen show for Trump rally" then a few hours later it was forced to correct itself to "only a few hundred." It wasn't a rally, anything official, or even a place Trump was stopping. It was random people showing up at The Marina Green just to cheer on the motorcade.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay...draws-only-8-people/

How many people show up when Gavin shows up? Nobody except people to protest him. How about when Kamala shows up? Same thing. Anyone line up to cheer Biden in SF? No way.

The RNC needs to try...if even just a little bit... to help California. I've lived in the SF East Bay my entire life. I watched my county go from being solidly red, to 50/50, to now 2/3 blue.

I'm sure twenty-five years ago lots of people thought Florida was a lost cause, but look how that has changed. This is still the state that created Ronald Reagan and there is a deep boiling anger right now at the Dems here that is raging under the surface. The middle of the state is still red and people that are actually from and live in places like Oakland feel they've been totally abandoned by their city and county leadership. There is a void here and the GOP needs to step into it.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4253 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also live in Cali, and personally I highly suspect the Dems control most of the voting outcomes. They put their people in place, push the liberal line in conjunction with the media. The people are manipulated by the propaganda and vote Dem in mass. However every fking anti 2A legislation that residents vote on fails. I believe that is voter fraud.

Most likely the state will continue to circle the drain until voting becomes legitimate.

The high taxes are also a big problem. The legislature passes tax hike after tax hike. Every little thing is getting taxed, and fees are constantly raised. As these are Dems, they will never back down on taxing the people as long as they are in power.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
But there's more! An oddly specific loophole in the $20 minimum wage law exempts companies that can be classified as "bakeries". Coincidentally, the CEO of the franchise group that operates Panera Bread, a bakery/fast food restaurant, is an old high school buddy of Gov Gavin.

Gavin's peeps are now back-stroking like crazy, saying that Panera was never going to be classified as a bakery in the first place.

No
Panera Is Not Exempted From California’s Fast Food Minimum Wage Law After All
quote:
The RNC needs to try...if even just a little bit... to help California. I've lived in the SF East Bay my entire life. I watched my county go from being solidly red, to 50/50, to now 2/3 blue.

CoCoCounty gets dragged-down by both the know-nothings in Richmond & Pittsburg, and the pearl-clutching, know-everything house mothers in Walnut Creek and San Ramon. Both groups unknowingly and unwittingly are in political alignment. Hard to believe the sheriff there doesn't allow optics on CCW holder pistols Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I also live in Cali, and personally I highly suspect the Dems control most of the voting outcomes. They put their people in place, push the liberal line in conjunction with the media. The people are manipulated by the propaganda and vote Dem in mass.

Ranked-Choice-Voting
I've yet to see, read or come across where ranked-choice voting, has resulted in competent or, at least capable candidates getting into office. Oakland's mayoral, city council and attorney's have been elected through RCV, and those 'winning' candidates have been stunningly bad and incompetent. Its very easy for Leftist-aligned candidates to flood the ballot, and as long as a conservative or, right-leaning candidate doesn't win an initial majority, its very easy for a leftist to get elected.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Yes, actually already read that article. I still suspect that reading between the lines, they're just backstroking the whole issue.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]CoCoCounty gets dragged-down by both the know-nothings in Richmond & Pittsburg, and the pearl-clutching, know-everything house mothers in Walnut Creek and San Ramon. Both groups unknowingly and unwittingly are in political alignment. Hard to believe the sheriff there doesn't allow optics on CCW holder pistols Roll Eyes[quote]

Yep! I live in CoCo, and it’s definitely turning blue. I monitor the local “stop moms for liberty” group, and the busy body, mostly child-less, women in that group go around to the various school board meetings, including districts where they don’t reside, to push their leftist agenda. Mad
And not only does the sheriff not allow optics in CCW pistols, he really doesn’t want to issue permits at all, despite claiming to be a Republican. You’re also limited to two pistols on your permit, no lights, no modifications, no single action pistols…….maybe a couple of other BS rules I’m forgetting.

Posts: 490 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am a life ling Californian and it's frustrating to see a single party legislature and executive branch turn this state into a pile of turd. Elites in SF, Santa Barbara, LA and San Diego can sing "All is well!" while the rest of the states burns.

Highest tax rates, highest energy costs, restrictive 2A policies ($280 this year to renew my CCW Wink), highest fuel prices.....

I hope the minimum wage hikes bites him in the arse (it won't). This was pushed by his SEIU cronies who peg their prevailing wage against minimum wage. So if Timmy get's a bump to $20/hr at Burger King, the SEIU can then demand increases for their workers!

I could leave, but for now I'm willing to pay the weather tax (no kids at home).

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
The RNC needs to try...if even just a little bit... to help California

The Dems have a supermajority in the legislature, and they treat their Republican "colleagues" like shit. Republican legislators can't get their bills on the floor; their mics can get cut off in the middle of speaking.
Most Republican candidates, like former SD mayor Kevin Faulconer, are nice guys who finish last.

We will be supporting Carl DeMaio's Reform Party this year, with some funding and some footwork.
At the moment it seems to be the only movement happening on the right.

We'll vote for Steve Garvey, the GOP candidate for Senate, because Schiff is so god-awful.

CA needs a Trump, someone with real guts, popularity, willingness to fight. Probably needs to be a billionaire, like Peter Thiel; with the personal resources and a network of similarly rich, tough, supportive friends.

I can't tell you how disgusted I am that Silicon Valley, which started out being so disruptive to the old manufacturing economy, has produced so many Leftists, so many pushing to get on the government teat and close off the entry of the next generation of start-ups.

It was a little heartening to hear that David Sachs and some other SV guys are supporting Trump, but it shouldn't even be close.

Of course most of the SV billionaires are either sociopaths or Asperger types who are horrible at influencing other people outside of throwing their money around.

Personally, I'd love it if Silicon Valley up and left the state; then Gavin and his ilk wouldn't be able to throw so much weight around.

/rant off

Posts: 18381 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
CA needs a Trump, someone with real guts, popularity, willingness to fight. Probably needs to be a billionaire, like Peter Thiel; with the personal resources and a network of similarly rich, tough, supportive friends.

The best thing Trump can do is continue to show up in CA, he doesn't need to win the state but, showing up in places like Orange Co, North Bay, Central Valley, Central Coast, San Diego, Riverside, etc. these are areas which are recently blue but were purple not too long ago was assuredly red a decade ago.... if only because people are like sheep. Their spouse votes one way, their kids are peer pressured into thinking one way, their employer is nudging their workers to 'be aligned with company values'..he just needs to be there. Every time he shows up, it torques-off Pelosi, Newsom, Bonta, etc and it lets people know there is more to politics than just the single-party monolith; he could show up in every Chinatown and Bario and work to connect with small business owners and that'll gain him several points alone.

quote:

Of course most of the SV billionaires are either sociopaths or Asperger types who are horrible at influencing other people outside of throwing their money around.

Personally, I'd love it if Silicon Valley up and left the state; then Gavin and his ilk wouldn't be able to throw so much weight around.

/rant off

You can say that again. I have a friend who works EP work at Google (retired cop), he doesn't go into names or, specifics but, does comment that many of them are odd-ducks, who are definitely on the spectrum.

It would be nice if Silicone Valley returned to its roots....companies supporting defense; fat chance but wishful thinking. The vast majority of people have no idea that Lockheed-Martin's satellites are still constructed there adjacent to Moffett Field on the Sunnyvale-side.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We ought to get together sometime and cry in our Zinfandel.

Posts: 18381 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
All I can say is he is still alive and kicking, against the deepest desires of millions of Californians.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2556 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I can say is he is still alive and kicking

And every hair perfectly in place.
I'll bet he outspends the Chicago mayor on makeup and hair care.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Why is it considered greedy to hang into your own hard earned money and not hand it to the government, but it’s not greedy for the government to take your hard earned money and spend it on stuff you don’t want.

Posts: 53849 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
And mean while people like me, that actually paid taxes, take our money and leave. All that will be left are the politicians, homeless and welfare cases.

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post