SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for vacation Rum recommendations.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for vacation Rum recommendations. Login/Join 
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Rhum Barbancourt 8 yr or 15 yr.

If you go this route, get the 15 yr old rum instead of the 8 yr old.

I like Brugal Extra Viejo.

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
While Bourbon is my spirit of choice I have begun to dabble in tequila and Rum. On a friend's recommendation, I recently picked up a bottle of 15 year Frigate Reserve rum and find it quite an excellent sipper neat.

It's a bit difficult to find but well worth it. Anyone else have a chance to try it?

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post

Available at some “Total Wine and More” stores.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like Pineapple and coconut flavor, Malibu coconut rum.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I got hooked on this when I lived in Puerto Rico. Good stuff!

I did too….1963-1965 RUSAH San Juan

WHere do you buy it in Florida?

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Matusalem Rum. Its a very good sipping rum.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3869 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I got hooked on this when I lived in Puerto Rico. Good stuff!

I did too….1963-1965 RUSAH San Juan

WHere do you buy it in Florida?

I just checked and Total Wine in Orlando has it. No idea how close you are to a Total Wine but they have the best stuff where I live.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post