SIGforum
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7370036584

November 22, 2022, 01:01 PM
konata88
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Milk - 2 weeks now I've had to buy brands other than what I usually buy.

Seafood - only farmed seafood for weeks (I only buy 1st world wild caught).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
November 22, 2022, 02:05 PM
oldbill123
Re: distilled water

I have found it in the baby aisle when the original grocery aisle is empty. cheaper too
November 22, 2022, 03:49 PM
Flash-LB
No potatoes yesterday at Fry's.
November 22, 2022, 08:41 PM
bendable
Two Costco's are out of crunchy Skippy peanut butter .
Two pallets of creamy though

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
November 22, 2022, 08:51 PM
OKCGene
I've not noticed anything in particular lately.

I made a big grocery run this evening. Went to 2 different grocery stores to stock up my pantry, fridge and refrigerator. The only shortage I noticed was lack of parking spaces. Both places were packed.

I need to go to Sprouts in the morning and get my 2 week supply of freshly ground coffee.

Of all the things to possibly be out of, it better dang not be coffee !!!
November 22, 2022, 09:59 PM
Marlin Fan
None here.
November 22, 2022, 10:10 PM
old rugged cross
Same round here. Just off the charts expensive. Everything.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
November 22, 2022, 10:25 PM
jsbcody
Prescription meds that used to be filled the same day or the next day are now taking 3-5 days to get filled.
November 22, 2022, 11:15 PM
Edmond
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Same round here. Just off the charts expensive. Everything.

Yep. My 7 year old likes Cheeto puffs. The price has doubled in the past 2 years. Tried the generic but both her and my wife said they don't taste the same.

We're at the point where we buy generic when there's that option.

What's more disappointing than shortages and price increases is that about 1/2 the people in this country would vote the same way they did in 2020 if given a redo.

November 23, 2022, 12:21 AM
Lefty Sig
I'm seeing stupid shit that may make me change grocery stores:

Things like a bag of chips for 5.99 but if you buy four they are 2.99 each. I don't want 4 bags of chips. If they can make money on 4 at 2.99 they are robbing me at 5.99 and I simply won't buy any chips.
November 23, 2022, 12:51 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I'm seeing stupid shit that may make me change grocery stores:

Things like a bag of chips for 5.99 but if you buy four they are 2.99 each. I don't want 4 bags of chips. If they can make money on 4 at 2.99 they are robbing me at 5.99 and I simply won't buy any chips.

Grocery stores have always played those games though.

“$2.59 each or buy 19 for 59 cents each”

It’s all psychology

November 23, 2022, 06:09 PM
flesheatingvirus
Green beans.

God DAMMIT!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
November 23, 2022, 06:24 PM
ptruck
Wheaties
November 24, 2022, 05:26 PM
PASig
Well, I had an interesting discussion with a friend of mine who works in the Pharma industry. All I’ve been seeing for a week or two now is this “OMFG there’s NO Amoxicillin for the children!” from the media.

He told me that media is just trying to whip everyone up into a panic yet again, that there actually is NO amoxicillin shortage. It’s the suspension liquid that is in short supply right now, which is how it’s given to children normally. They are just having to find other ways to formulate it to be able to give it to children not as a pill or capsule.

Imagine that, our MSM once again trying to push a narrative. Roll Eyes

November 24, 2022, 06:18 PM
BB61
Pineapple juice.

November 24, 2022, 06:53 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
He told me that media is just trying to whip everyone up into a panic yet again, that there actually is NO amoxicillin shortage. It’s the suspension liquid that is in short supply right now, which is how it’s given to children normally. They are just having to find other ways to formulate it to be able to give it to children not as a pill or capsule.

Get the regular amoxicillin capsules. Then you just twist one open, sprinkle the contents onto some applesauce, and feed it to the kid.

That's an old trick, for times when the liquid isn't readily available, but you're dealing with someone unable to swallow pills/capsules.
November 24, 2022, 07:59 PM
satch
How about this. We.re at the grocery Friday and a clerk we know told us she ordered something through Etsy and got a message the item would be shipped later due to transportation delays in Ukraine. Apparently Ukraine is open for business but you have to be patient.
November 24, 2022, 08:53 PM
nhracecraft
Room for all the leftovers in my Fridge... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
November 24, 2022, 10:04 PM
Rightwire
Does common sense and general courtesy count?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
November 25, 2022, 03:30 PM
trapper189
Butter, according to my wife.

All’s good though because we found it in her sister’s mashed potatoes.

Toast, popcorn, and potatoes are all excuses for butter, but until yesterday, I had never considered that there was a limit to how much butter is enough. I’m now thinking 60/40 butter to potato ratio for mashed potatoes is way over the limit.