SIGforum
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7370036584

January 28, 2022, 05:00 PM
Skins2881
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Pre-packaged cold cuts. Been noticing the isle they are in getting more and more holes in stock but today it was empty. One package of ham dangling from the rack.

Haven't seen corned beef in over a year. I'm really jonesing for a reuben too.

I've been looking pastrami, I prefer it on my rueben-esque sammies. Costco hasn't had it for somewhere near a year.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
January 28, 2022, 05:11 PM
RogueJSK
Yeah, roast beef/corned beef/pastrami have been almost totally missing for nearly two years now.
January 28, 2022, 08:01 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

Dorito's in 2 different grocery stores this morning. How in the hell do you not have Dorito's?
I spent today with our delivery truck, running from one of my customer stores to another, no time to spare, so we ducked into a Subway for a quick lunch.

I wanted a small bag of chips with my sandwich. There must have been forty or fifty bags of Doritos. No other chips of any kind, but plenty of Doritos. In addition to the potato chip shortage at this particular Subway, there was no Swiss cheese, and no cookies except for those horrible strawberry shortcake cookies.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
January 28, 2022, 08:19 PM
Bassamatic
I've seen roast beef but pastrami and corned beef, you can forget it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
January 28, 2022, 08:26 PM
Legal Beagle
Spaghetti. Regular, plain old spaghetti. Weird, right?

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
January 29, 2022, 08:37 AM
henryaz

Wife was cleaning (while I defrosted the evap coils) our 20 yo GE side-by-side refrigerator. A few things were a bit worn, mostly the sliding shelves and tracks, so she suggested buying another fridge just like this one. It has been great.

Nada, out of stock everywhere. I ordered a couple of replacement parts and we'll hang with this one a bit longer.

When in doubt, mumble
January 29, 2022, 08:46 AM
BigSwede
This, a reusable Kcup filter. I like to keep a backup around

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eko...-for-Keurig/51989545

This is the only one that works in our Kcup machine

January 29, 2022, 10:08 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

This, a reusable Kcup filter. I like to keep a backup around

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eko...-for-Keurig/51989545

This is the only one that works in our Kcup machine
Amazon shows it in stock, but at double the cost of the one in your Walmart link. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
January 29, 2022, 11:04 AM
smschulz
Not so much a shortage but some.
I guess if you raise the price you can find anything. Frown
A lot of computer parts are up in price circa 25%.
Enterprise Sata SSD's are ridiculous.
Good value still on M2 NVMe drives.
Power supplies, chassis are up.
Everything else is only slightly elevated.
I mainly do business computers so I haven't mentioned GPU's that are taken by gamers and bit miners. Eek
January 29, 2022, 01:59 PM
trapper189
Noodle shelves were empty at the WalMart I went to this morning. Fresh poultry barren as well. It was the third store I had been in looking for Hillshire Farms Smoked Beef Sausage and even then I had to settle for Beef Polish Kielbasa. The first two stores only had turkey sausage left. Beans were in short supply as I had to pick the Walmart brand of cannellini beans.

Prices on brisket, ribs, pork butt and picnics were double last year.
February 09, 2022, 07:03 AM
wcb6092
114 drugs currently in shortage, per FDA

https://www.beckershospitalrev...hortage-per-fda.html

Nationwide, more than 100 drugs are in short supply, including antibiotics, diuretics, opioids and heart failure medications, FDA data shows.

As of Jan. 11, 114 drugs were in shortage, according to the FDA's database of current and resolved drug shortages, which is updated daily. The current tally is a continuation of shortage levels seen last year. In November 2021, the FDA reported 112 drug shortages.

The most recent drug added to the FDA's shortage list was heparin sodium and sodium chloride 0.9 percent injection, an anticoagulant, on Jan. 7. Dexmedetomidine injection, a sedative used for patients on ventilators, was added Dec. 27, 2021.

View the full list of drug shortages here.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov...hortages/default.cfm

February 09, 2022, 08:06 AM
sigcrazy7
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I mainly do business computers so I haven't mentioned GPU's that are taken by gamers and bit miners. Eek

I hear you. I have an old Optiplex 7010mt that I remote to. The Intel HD2500 graphics suck, so I wanted to put in a discrete card. An Asus GT1030 that would have been $80 last year cost me $169 this year. This is for a 2014 era GPU. Insane, but if you need it, you just pay the price and move on.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
February 09, 2022, 10:00 AM
bruthajess
I'm definitely seeing a shortage on money. I know I got a budget written down around here somewhere that would help me manage it better, but I'm just too darn busy buying stuff online to go find it! Weird, huh? Smile
February 09, 2022, 10:46 AM
goose5
I've been looking for my third pair of Danner Quarry work boot for six months now. My size is not in stock. Emailed them and they said another restock is six to eight months out. I guess I'll see if I can find a pair of Red Wings.

February 09, 2022, 12:49 PM
gpbst3
I’m having trouble finding distilled water

February 09, 2022, 03:43 PM
roarindan
LINT ROLLERS

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen
February 09, 2022, 04:18 PM
at-home-daddy
Handi-Snacks Premium Breadsticks 'N Cheesy Dip Snack Packs. Just can't seem to find these in the grocery stores anymore, and the store-brand ones don't hold a candle. Now and then the regular cracker type shows up, but the breadstick version is MIA. Probably just as well, I suppose, as they aren't a part of any healthy diet, but I did love having these small light snacks a couple times a week.
February 09, 2022, 04:23 PM
Johnny 3eagles
Today Ritz and Townhouse crackers.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
February 09, 2022, 10:23 PM
Voshterkoff
Iodine apparently. Got out of a week long hospital stay for a skin infection, and need to slather the area with iodine when I put a new bandage it. Many drug stores in my area are clap out.
February 09, 2022, 10:41 PM
Copefree
The refrigerator I ordered in July 2021 is Officially scheduled to be delivered on Monday — only took 7 months!

It’s a Kitchenaide model.