SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Hits Home For Anyone With a Daughter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Hits Home For Anyone With a Daughter Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted
The story is relatively new, not much on the internet yet, the perp was charged today. Happened over the weekend in the Seattle area I think. The daughter was too drunk to defend herself from this Uber driver.

Of note is the fact that the family used an app called Life 360 to precisely locate their daughter before the perp could get away.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Too bad Dad wasn't a better shot.

I'm old enough that a life sentence isn't all that much of a deterrent...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15522 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you found your kid in such a situation, are you allowed to use deadly force? As the perp was trying to get back in the front seat and drive away, you would be stopping a kidnapping as well as stopping a continuation of the rape.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
If you found your kid in such a situation, are you allowed to use deadly force? As the perp was trying to get back in the front seat and drive away, you would be stopping a kidnapping as well as stopping a continuation of the rape.

Depends on the state.
Here in KY you can use deadly force to prevent/stop both kidnapping and rape.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25701 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
In Florida as well, by any person, not just the father.

Posts: 5916 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

Officially in Utah it is lawful to use deadly force to stop a person committing or fleeing from committing a forcible felony. Idk what case law says about the fleeing aspect, and I wouldn't want the legal fees associated with defending such actions.

The exact circumstances would be all important. But a kidnapping is certainly a forcible felony and shooting the perp as he tries to drive away with the victim still in the car would be a legal and a moral good shoot.

Posts: 9752 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

I went to the app website, there's a free version, tremendous service to say the least, as demonstrated in this case.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Even here in Kommiefornia it is legal to use deadly force to prevent a forcible felony. It would be important to clearly articulate that you acted to protect the victim from being kidnapped, raped again, or even murdered. Never allow yourself (or in this case the victim) to be moved to the second crime scene. You were not shooting the no good SOB because of what he had done to your daughter, you were stopping him from doing more or worse.

Or course it all comes down to the DA. In some counties here the DA would likely (perhaps quietly) thank you and recommend more target practice. In others (looking at you SF, LA, and others) the Soros bought and paid for sack of fecal material would likely do their level best to hang you regardless of what the law is.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also behind the lines in Cali, so am trying to understand the rules.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If I was in the same situation, this creature wouldn’t be recognizable as a human being when I was finished with him.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Immediately after my .gov approved 10 rd magazine was emptied I would out of a need for due diligence investigate WA limitations of my actions surrounding this event.

Posts: 6513 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Trying to drive off (i.e. kidnap) rape victim is a good shoot in Texas. Most likely the case will go to grand jury and be "no billed"
quote:
Penal Code Section 9.32
Deadly Force in Defense of Person

(a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:
(1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31 (Self-defense); and
(2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to protect the actor against the other’s use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or
(B) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

(b)The actor’s belief under Subsection (a)(2) that the deadly force was immediately necessary as described by that subdivision is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:
(1)knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the deadly force was used:
(A)unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor’s occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;
(B)unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor’s habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or
(C)was committing or attempting to commit an offense described by Subsection (a)(2)(B);
(2)did not provoke the person against whom the force was used; and
(3)was not otherwise engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic at the time the force was used.

(c)A person who has a right to be present at the location where the deadly force is used, who has not provoked the person against whom the deadly force is used, and who is not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force is used is not required to retreat before using deadly force as described by this section.

(d)For purposes of Subsection (a)(2), in determining whether an actor described by Subsection (c) reasonably believed that the use of deadly force was necessary, a finder of fact may not consider whether the actor failed to retreat.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
If I was in the same situation, this creature wouldn’t be recognizable as a human being when I was finished with him.

Yup.

Q

Posts: 27602 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We use 360, it's a condition for the tax write offs to have a phone.

It's pretty accurate, I have used it to find the Mrs. in the mall

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
One report said the father was heard to say 'i don't want to kill you'. Have to wonder if the perp is wishing he had at this point.

Crime of opportunity has been a pretty big problem with these criminal drivers.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
We use 360, it's a condition for the tax write offs to have a phone.

It's pretty accurate, I have used it to find the Mrs. in the mall

We started using Life360 when we hosted an exchange student from Italy [in 2018] & have kept using it [free version] since.
Me, my wife & her parents. Our kids will get it when they get real phones. They currently have Gabb Wireless which has its own [less effective] GPS tracking.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16011 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
This one is more father/son instead of father/daughter, but Brandon Herrera had a great Father's Day video.

Posts: 4448 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Daily Mail-doing the work American papers won’t

A badly-bruised Uber driver has appeared in court after being battered by a furious father who allegedly caught him raping his drunk daughter in a car.

Ahmed Ali, 58, had injuries to his face and bandages on both hands as he appeared in a Washington state courtroom on Monday.

A father-of-five himself, Ali is accused of kidnapping a woman who he picked up from a bar when she was too drunk to return home alone on Saturday night.

Police say that instead of driving her home, Ali took her to a secluded location close to the Nisqually River in Olympia, where he sexually assaulted her in the back of the car.

-more at link

Posts: 3012 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
They would have to wait for him to regain consciousness first.

I track my kids and wife and am always reminding my 18 year old daughter to never go and do things like that alone, always have company even to just go the 7-11 in the middle of the day.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Kill the threat
Bury/ burn the threat
People need better skills.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post