New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Truong Login/Join 
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted
If you’ve been a member on SIGforum for any time at all you probably recognize the name of member David Truong. David runs a jewelry business in California and offers his services to us on favorable terms. I’ve read many threads where people have reported doing business with David buying and selling, watches, jewelry, and silver, and cannot remember one single complaint.

Recently I had the occasion to make a transaction myself with David for the first time. I was comfortable going in because of his considerable good reputation and can now say that my confidence was completely justified. My wife wanted to get rid of some sterling silver pieces and to minimize the hassle of trying to find someone reputable locally to deal with. I remembered reading here about David’s business and sent him an email.

What happened next was absolutely painless and rewarding. David responded promptly with a complete explanation of his proposal and the method of handling the transaction. His offer for the pieces was fair and the process was very easy to handle. In a matter of only a few days David had our silver, we had a check, and we were very pleased with every facet of the deal.

I cannot recommend highly enough SIGforum’s own David Truong for this kind of transaction.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
OMG. Another shill for MiMi's Jewelry. Hehe.

Dave did our 15th wedding anniversary ring set a few years ago. What a stand up guy and true blessing to us

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
That guy is such a dick.

He makes the rest of us look so bad all the time.

/sarcasm.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
He is a pleasure to do business with. We have bought several things from Mimi's over the years and always without a hitch.

We live in Georgia and we sent my wife's gold & diamond engagement ring to him to have it plated in platinum. There was a bit of anxiety sending it across country but as always he came through and did a wonderful job on it.

As you here on here time and time again, he is the real deal.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
My wife is a walking advertisement for Mimi's Jewelry. He is not only a great jeweler but his generosity is endless and he is truly a gentleman. I feel like we are friends and I have never met him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
David is one of the “good guys”. Really easy and pleasant to do business with.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I bought my first Citizen watch from him probably 14-15 years ago when I got my first decent check from a "real job" that wasn't bartending. He's a staple around here.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave fixed me up with a very nice engagement ring and diamond earings for my bride. It was a pleasure dealing with him. He was very accommodating and his advise was invaluable.

Posts: 23 | Location: Western NY  | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He’s a gem for sure. Razz

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Dave is the type of guy I want sitting next to me on an airplane.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Dave is the type of guy I want sitting next to me on an airplane.

Me too. I'll take care of his duct tape anytime. Big Grin
There's a story behind this for those new to the forum. I'll let someone else tell it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Thank you Buster and everyone! I'm really honored that you all trust me, even from thousands of miles away sometimes!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
Thank you Buster and everyone! I'm really honored that you all trust me, even from thousands of miles away sometimes!

Us trust you? That’s hilarious.

You shipped me statement diamond earrings and said “pay me when she says she loves them”.

You’re sincerely the only jeweler I plan to do business with in the future.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
I consider David a true friend and I have spoken to him or met him in person. He made a few pieces for my wife and a Platinum wedding band for my wife and I. They are beautiful

I had a very good friend who was in dire straits and she sold him a set of wedding rings and he bent over backwards to make it happen quickly. He saved her house!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
This reminds me, I need to throw more money at Dave.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
David, be careful man. There are people here who are just itching to have you bronzed like a pair of baby shoes and put on a pedestal in front of the Sigforum Corporate office. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I recently just finished another great transaction with Dave. I too have purchased a few things throughout the years from Mimi's Jewelry and will continue to do so. Whether it's a simple Citizen watch for a family member or jewelry for my wife, he makes it simple.

My wife, due to her background, would never buy such things for herself, so I like to get her something each year on our anniversary and Dave makes it painless. I know she absolutely loves each piece. His diamonds sparkle like no other.

I have told Dave this before, he makes purchasing diamonds stress free and that in itself, is priceless. I know the quality I get from his prices would probably be more money for a similar piece by other competitors.

If you need watches or jewelry, just contact Dave and see how simple it is.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Dave is the best!

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yawn, David did more good work.

He did my wife's earnings, she loved them.

Shocking I tell you, just shocking.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Yeap, Dave is a solid guy. Always a pleasure to deal with. He currently is working on a couple rings for my wife.

Can't forget about Cat, she is super nice and takes care of business Smile

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post