SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charismatic pronunciation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charismatic pronunciation Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted
I have been seeing an ad on TV for the "Bull" show in which the announcer describes the main character as "charismatic". I don't argue with the idea, but he pronounced the word as if it began with "chair" (hard "ch" instead of "k"). I have never heard anyone else ever use that pronunciation and when I looked the word up it only shows the initial "k" sound. Is this a regional thing? If so, where?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Either making a joke of which the punch line is not obvious, has a foreign accent or is a pretentious douche bag......or all three Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Hard sound as in "care is mattic"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14138 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Charismatic Chaps

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
^^^ just like that!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8238 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And which "arisma" does that main character have? CH or K ??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post