SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Palmetto State Armory has something VERY interesting in stock … FN M249S PARA 16.1"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto State Armory has something VERY interesting in stock … FN M249S PARA 16.1" Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
The last couple of years my watch addiction has eclipsed my gun collecting hobby but hot damn. Palmetto got something in stock that has me tempted to ditch my watch collection to scoop up something unique!

Anyone have one of these? Eek

Not a bad price either. Big Grin
Link to the most excellent FN M249S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Sheeeeeit!

Rock n’ roll baby

Belt Fed 556 Love … I mean I have rifles that cost nearly that much. Where’s my damn credit card?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are gonna go, go belt fed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
If you are gonna go, go belt fed.

Truth

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I don't see the point unless you just want something unique. And you can get unique for less than that.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's impressive.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
That's a most excellent SSAW!!! Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's semi auto . $10k to play soldier ? I think not .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they should kick in links. And the linker.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

How much for the sear kit??

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Would be interesting if there was a dias for it.

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:

ATF made them engineer it to fire from a closed bolt and its my understanding that they also made them limit parts interchangeability with the M249.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And "Out of Stock" currently.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is super cool. Wish I could get one.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool but not 10 grand cool

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
quote:
quote:

ATF made them engineer it to fire from a closed bolt and its my understanding that they also made them limit parts interchangeability with the M249.

And FN apparently fought them on that and won. Allegedly

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a full size specimen from the first run released a few years ago…when .223 was a quarter a round. Stock, barrel, forearm…all interchangeable with 249 parts. Surplus Para barrels are less than 16”, so stuck with 20” barrels. M27 links were cheap and plentiful…2 cents each. Having one rounded out the “as close as I could get to what I carried on trips to the sandbox” collection…M249S, Beretta 92FS, and Colt AR-15A2.

Absolutely loved it at the time, but got tired of hauling rifle, ammo, and barrels to the range. Sold it to get into a AC556…it freed up a lot of space and the Ruger scratched my FA itch!

Posts: 669 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
quote:
quote:

And FN apparently fought them on that and won. Allegedly

The ad says "It retains all of the features of the FN® M249 SAW and can be field-converted back to the standard model configuration in just 30 seconds."

Sounds like they won.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I thought these were $8K when they first came out?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local shop in my area had one a few weeks ago, don't know if they sold it yet.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post