SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spring Steelhead camp
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Steelhead camp Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That looks like a great trip. Even better, with a fishing buddy of 44 years.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I am impressed. Great pictures of great fish. Looks like you had a blast!

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Brad,

Don't want directions to your secret hole, but we have property off Old House Rd, and there are a few campsites along there that look similar to yours.

Mind telling generally where you were? If you'd rather not say no worries or if you want to shoot me a email.

Looks like a great time. I'm hoping to get up there in a couple weeks. Was supposed to be last weekend but hit a snag with a broke foot.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That looks like an amazing vacation.

Posts: 9968 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Beautiful fish, Brad! I'm envious of the experiences, and would love it if you'd share more about the gear y'all used. You said you used an 8wt on one of those, but later mentioned a 6lb leader. I assume a couple different rigs?

Never caught a trout that big. Maybe one day...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Beautiful fish, Brad! I'm envious of the experiences, and would love it if you'd share more about the gear y'all used. You said you used an 8wt on one of those, but later mentioned a 6lb leader. I assume a couple different rigs?

So the 8 wt is the fly rod. I fish both 6 and 8 wt rods for steelhead and 8 wts for salmon. 9' or 9'6" in length The reel I'm fishing on this is an Okuma, not sure which model. I run a 15# test leader off my main line and then either 4, 6 or 8 lb test tippet off of that. In low, clear water I would run 4 lb but the water as high and coffee colored so I jumped up to 6. Salmon are no joke so I run 8 lb test for them. Tippets were long this trip, probably 6'.

We mostly fish yearn flies which are a spawn imitator. I had good luck on nymphs our first day out.

Posts: 11224 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post