SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone had luck with the "stick on" reading lenses?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone had luck with the "stick on" reading lenses? Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
I need glasses to see far, but when I wear contacts to see far, I need cheaters to read, tie knots, anything close. I don't want to invest in bifocal sunglasses as the sunglasses I like are about $600 with prescription lenses, but I have heard about the stick on lenses that may work.

Anyone have any luck with these? If so, please provide a source.

Thanks

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We have bought sunglasses with bifocal lower sections at Costco. Cost is about $20 for 3 pairs. We use them to read on our deck that gets full sun.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I just needed cheaters and I did buy the 1/2 moon shaped static cling model from Walgreens and they worked ok.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have bought sunglasses with bifocal lower sections at Costco. Cost is about $20 for 3 pairs. We use them to read on our deck that gets full sun.

^^^^^^^
Yep. Something permanent. I used to use clip on shades when playing baseball. Always a pain. Spend a few bucks.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought them to add to my shooting glasses. Work great. I bought them on amazon. Had a word like hydro or something in them. Attach by getting them wet, sliding into place, letting them dry. They work every bit as good as generic cheaters.

Optx hydrotac. Just looked it up. Decide magnification and buy. You can cut them to shape if you so desire. They work in sunglasses as well.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
Can't comment on the stick ons, but I bought a pair of polarized bifocal Onos - Hemingway model - and they are amazing for the money. I think I paid around $80 for them. When i wear my contacts, I wear my Maui Jims. When I don't, it's the Onos all the way.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
The stick-ons work alright, but have a limited lifespan. Bite the bullet and buy quality.

Then donate them to the sea floor and silently curse yourself.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I used the ones you wet and apply in my sunglasses. Worked great and stayed put on many fly fishing outings. I cleaned my sunglasses with some orange colored/scented dish soap and this colored and kinda fogged them up. I'd buy more at the fly shop when I need some.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I bought some Optx 20/20 Stick-On Bifocals off Amazon for about $20 to put on a set of prescription sunglasses to try to get by a few years ago. They didn't work very well for me.

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Just order from zenni optical. Nice glasses for super cheap...I just ordered 5 pairs of my prescription for $15 each. (I tend to break and lose them).

RX sunglasses too. No need for your doc or insurance to get involved.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
safetyglassessusa.com
Lots of choices in bifocals with the same ANSI ratings as the high dollar brands. Vet owned and right here in MI. Good people to do business with.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
After a bit of research, I am going to try out the Optx Hydrotac as a temporary fix. Looking through the selection at safety glasses usa.

Cant quite find frames I like at Zenni Optical.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I used them on my sunglasses for fishing, worked great. I needed for knots and using the electronics, never knew they were there.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Long time to reboot this thread, but the Optx Hydrotac lenses did not work for me. Couldn't see anything and fell off my Costa lenses in an hour or two.