SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I’m 2 for 2 on parrying car warranty calls today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m 2 for 2 on parrying car warranty calls today. Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted
Both conversations went something like this:
“What Make and year is your car?”
My new car is a 1993 Toyota Camry.
“How many miles are on it?” 285,000

Both callers hung up on me for some reason. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Got 2 calls today also.

Didn't speak to them, but spoke to them previously and both hung up on me mid sentence when I told one that I wanted to insure my bicycle, and another when I told them I was 14 years old.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
They hang up on me for some reason when I tell them my car is a 1995 Dodge Camry.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20839 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get the phone calls and I'm trying to get an extended car warranty on my low mileage 2015 BMW........R1200R........

......motorcycle.

But they hang up on me, too.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I ask them what they’re wearing.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Last one asked me for the year of the last car I bought.
1957. He wasn't sure how to proceed & stumbled a bit to get back on script.

Next one, maybe I'll go with McLaren F1 or Koenigsegg Agera.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15372 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
As soon as I tell them that my employer is the State Police they can not hang up fast enough. Eventhough that is not true they do not need to know it. ................................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2022 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
My conversations are usually quite short if I decide to talk to them -

I get hung up on when I tell them I have a 1993 Jeep Cherokee with 308,000 miles

Or

Them: what kind of car do you have sir?
Me: Penises
Them: Pardon me?
Them: Uhhhh

Click

Posts: 2042 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You know, I've just been letting these go to voicemail, but this sounds like too much fun to pass up.

I'm thinking a breathy "what are you wearing?" ought to be entertaining.

Posts: 17207 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ironic that a Generation that grew up making prank calls, now is plagued by robo calls. Big Grin

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I usually ask them if they're wearing clothes at which point they call me a "mudder fucker" and tell me to stop wasting their time...

Posts: 13146 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Phones been ringing off the hook, must have had 10 calls that were spam robo calls.

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Phones been ringing off the hook, must have had 10 calls that were spam robo calls.

No robo calls today, but did get a text that Starbucks wants to pay me to put their logo on my car. Roll Eyes

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15372 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post