SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    YouTube Suspends Account of Former Navy Seal Who Exposes Cases of Stolen Valor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YouTube Suspends Account of Former Navy Seal Who Exposes Cases of Stolen Valor Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
https://thenewsrep.com/115087/...-stolen-valor-cases/

The online video platform YouTube decided to suspend the account of a retired Navy SEAL known for exposing numerous cases of stolen valor.

Known for his direct manner and incisive humor, retired Senior Chief Petty Officer Don Shipley used his YouTube account, tagged Buds131, as a hammer against military imposters, specifically Navy SEAL imposters. His channel was named after the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training class with which Senior Chief Shipley graduated.

YouTube, which is owned by Google, said the account suspension was because Senior Chief Shipley divulged too much personal information about his targets online. However, he disagrees. In an interview with PJ Media, he said “this time I was told/emailed I was banned from a video I had posted several years ago about a phony SEAL, but after several years I doubt that caused it. If you ask me, it was because I outed Nathan Phillips. That Indian who masqueraded as a Vietnam vet. That video got a lot of attention and a lot of big lawsuits pending from it.”

Nathan Phillips is the Native American who claimed to have been a recon ranger with multiple combat deployments during the Vietnam War. Senior Chief Shipley, however, used military documents to show that Phillips’ claims were false. In fact, Phillips’ military records showed that he never deployed outside the United States.

Following further inquests about the ban, YouTube responded with an email statement: “YouTube takes harassment and the sharing of an individual’s private information, like home addresses and phone numbers, seriously and we have strict policies against it in our Community Guidelines. We review flagged content and remove inappropriate videos or terminate channels according to these policies.”

But this isn’t the first time Senior Chief Shipley’s YouTube account was banned. It’s been suspended numerous times for violating YouTube’s terms of agreement. “I have been in YouTube Prison before when phony SEALs would cry to them about being posted,” he stated in his interview.

People recognize that Senior Chief Shipley is doing good work through his channel. Before the suspension, it had over 230,000 subscribers. It remains to be seen if YouTube will revert the ban or maintain it.

Senior Chief Shipley also runs the Extreme SEAL Experience, which is an immersive program that prepares individual who aspire to become SEALs for the rigors of training.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
You have GOT to be kidding. Senior Chief Shipley is definitely one of the more colorful people on YouTube but he is very direct and nails these posers dead to rights.

I actually had contact with him once about a obviously fake SEaL but unfortunately the encounter was brief and I didn't have enough info for him to pursue. I never crossed paths with the fake again. Even by Email Don was a hoot to interact with while being deadly serious at the same time.

Just one more good person crushed by the liberal media.

FWIW, he stopped the Extreme SEAL Experience. I think it was getting to be too much for him to handle with everything else he has going.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It’s my understanding, and may be wrong, but YouTube didn’t just suspend, they deleted it, as in permeantly.

I’ve been watching him for a few years and appreciate what he does.

He’s still on YouTube as Navymom22

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don Shipley is the kind of man every American should be. YouTube sucks big time. To hell with them.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
Don Shipley is the kind of man every American should be. YouTube sucks big time. To hell with them.

Makes me wonder who flagged him. Probably one of those fake SEALs

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
This suxx. I'm an on-and-off member of his subscription website, and have emailed Don once or twice myself. He and Diane are true patriots and deserve way better than this.

Those who wish to lend support, his website is Extreme Seal Experience. (As Righwire mentioned, his live SEAL training program is discontinued.) It's $10/month, but you can sign up for a month and binge-watch the HILARIOUS outing videos. Fair warning, they are absolutely addictive.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
It’s my understanding, and may be wrong, but YouTube didn’t just suspend, they deleted it, as in permeantly.

Looks like stolen valor is gone, and most of seal experience is gone. So yes, they deleted almost everything.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They can't handle the truth!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
All 230k of his subscribers, along with all of us who visit YouTube should bombard them with complaints about this action. This is utter BS, but not at all hard to believe.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Good luck with that.
I didn't suggest such an effort would be successful, but doing nothing at all seems less than effective too.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Everyone with a device should create a fake email and YouTube account and make videos about censorship on that turd of a video site. When they get banned, do it again. And again. Clutter up google server space with fictitious accounts. Email names like “fukggoogle or youtubewillcensoryou@gmail.com” and such.

Small potatoes, I know but every bit counts.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
What you're suggesting, gearhounds, is a form of network abuse. Do you really feel that's an appropriate response to a private corporation choosing not to carry a particular product any longer?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
What you're suggesting, gearhounds, is a form of network abuse. Do you really feel that's an appropriate response to a private corporation choosing not to carry a particular product any longer?

A private organization that allows public discourse on its platform, yet gives preferential treatment to only one side of the public discourse.

In short, yes, it's an appropriate response.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hope he moves and springs up on Full30.com!

Fuck YouBoob!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

So you're saying that it's okay for a private corporation to not do business with me, simply because they don't like what I'm saying? Slippery slope there ensigmatic. Not like we haven't seen people kicked out of restaurants and other businesses just for wearing a MAGA hat. How about if someone knew that you are pro 2nd Amendment? Should they be able to kick you out because of that? Gotta get your gas somewhere else boy! We don't serve YOUR kind around here!

The left is so ashamed of their philosophies and ideas, that they cut out any and all that may speak against it for fear that one (or more) of their devout followers may actually see some truth and leave the cult.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Are we sure... just pulled off YouTube

The Sealexperience channel is still active

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Those are all 5+ year old videos at the Sealexperience

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The banned/deleted channel is BUDS131, where Don did his Phony Navy SEAL of the Week videos. SealExperience is his second channel, apparently still active.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

Absolutely appropriate. This is war being waged on conservatives. The left claims to be open and fair, and does the exact opposite.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post