SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Warriors!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warriors!!! Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
Finals here we come.

I know the forum doesn't like Basketball but they are my Team.

Houston had me scared. They are a hell of a team.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3635 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s no way the Warriors should have won that game. But I’ll take it.

Go Warriors!

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dubs!!!

Happy they got their shit together and pulled it off.

Posts: 4322 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an amazing game. I thought for sure they were done at halftime. Steve Kerr belongs in the HOF just for his halftime adjustments he makes. How many times in the last 4 years have we seen them cooked and then they come back out after halftime and come back from the dead and win a game.
OR
You could also say the NBA is corrupt as boxing and horse racing combined and the NBA wanted a lebron & Steph matchup in the finals again.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite the crazy offense outbursts, this series was all about defense. Both teams played very, very tight defense, besides the low scores, they held each other below their in-season shooting percentages, forcing bad shots & turn-overs; an aggravating series for those used to the up-tempo flow that both teams operate at. Bench play was also a huge factor, Rockets played with 2-guys (Gordon & Green) and the starters ended up wearing out. Warriors went deeper with solid contribution from Livingston & Bell but got zero contribution from Young & Cook ergo exposing their lack of an athletic/active wing to fill-in for Iguadala. Next series will be very different with a lot more West, ZaZa and McGee, and less Cook & Young.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I'm torn - On one hand, strictly from a basketball perspective, I'm glad the Warriors won and will most likely win the NBA championship.
However, I don't like Steve Kerr's politics - he supports Kaepernick and the other NFL kneelers. Also Steph Curry was one of the main reasons the Warriors were disinvited from visiting the White House

Posts: 246 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Over/under on how many steps an offender will take before releasing a shot and not get called for traveling in the championship series. I'll say Lebron James, fourteen steps.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Over/under on how many steps an offender will take before releasing a shot and not get called for traveling in the championship series. I'll say Lebron James, fourteen steps.

It's not even a travel anymore with that guy, it's a journey. Big Grin

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
I'm torn - On one hand, strictly from a basketball perspective, I'm glad the Warriors won and will most likely win the NBA championship.
However, I don't like Steve Kerr's politics - he supports Kaepernick and the other NFL kneelers. Also Steph Curry was one of the main reasons the Warriors were disinvited from visiting the White House

All true but let's keep politics out of this discussion please.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3635 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Despite the crazy offense outbursts, this series was all about defense. Both teams played very, very tight defense, besides the low scores, they held each other below their in-season shooting percentages, forcing bad shots & turn-overs; an aggravating series for those used to the up-tempo flow that both teams operate at. Bench play was also a huge factor, Rockets played with 2-guys (Gordon & Green) and the starters ended up wearing out. Warriors went deeper with solid contribution from Livingston & Bell but got zero contribution from Young & Cook ergo exposing their lack of an athletic/active wing to fill-in for Iguadala. Next series will be very different with a lot more West, ZaZa and McGee, and less Cook & Young.

Don't forget Looney...He played well and played a lot of minutes. He still needs to work on his offense.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

FBHO
posted Hide Post
Lebron and his cast of role players might surprise you.

Posts: 1047 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Don't forget Looney...He played well and played a lot of minutes. He still needs to work on his offense.

I didn't include him since he started but, his non-ball handling game has grown quite a bit. If he continues on his current career trajectory, he'll be a sought-after player for all the teams looking for important role players needing to take the next step. Hope the Dubs can re-sign him.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

It's not even a travel anymore with that guy, it's a journey. Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I stupidly watched the last couple minutes of game 7 with the Celtics, in Boston. Not only wasn't James called, defenders were picking up fouls, free throws, game over.

I quit watching the NBA many years ago when steps stopped being a thing. They all do it, how is this a sport?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Game one in the books...

Thank you J.R.Smith

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Nobody.....I mean NOBODY’s first thought was....
“Come out and plaaaayyyy!!!!”

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7864 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That

Was the dumbest

Thing

I’ve ever seen in a basketball game

Somewhere Chris Weber is like

“I LOVE YOU JR SMITH!!!”

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
That

Was the dumbest

Thing

I’ve ever seen in a basketball game

Somewhere Chris Weber is like

“I LOVE YOU JR SMITH!!!”

Big Grin

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LeBron’s disgust in JR Smith was evident

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It’s just like the last game with the Celtics. The referees are biased against Cleveland.

And I say that as a person who doesn’t follow basketball. I’m forced to watch with my coworkers.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8154 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Maybe, but the fact remains if JR Smith was good at the math it’s probably 1-0 cavaliers

quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
It’s just like the last game with the Celtics. The referees are biased against Cleveland.

And I say that as a person who doesn’t follow basketball. I’m forced to watch with my coworkers.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post