SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Fast do You Move on The Weekends (ie, your day off from the "normal" yob)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Fast do You Move on The Weekends (ie, your day off from the "normal" yob)? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
My wife and I are about near polar opposites when it comes to mornings. During the week, neither of us need an alarm clock - between three dogs (one being 6 mo old) and sleeping with the blinds open, we're both up and off to work on time - both need to be there by 0730.

During the weekend though - she's up at 0700 and ready to start her happy dance by 0710. I tend to roll out of bed about 0800 and ready to sit in the corner drinking my coffee and enjoying the silence of the world waking up around me.

I do not like making decisions, talking about what our plans are for the day, much a year from now. Gimme an hours, maybe 90 minutes.

After my second cup of coffee, I am almost ready to consider, from a high level, what is needed to accomplish my chores for the day (refer to the thread I started about the VA loans and fixing the doggie door from earlier this week).

At least SWMBO is up meeting her grandchild for the first time and I can contemplate what to do after patching the door - in peace. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14045 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Precisely the reason I rise between 4:30 and 5:30 every morning. I'm pretty much guaranteed 2 hours of peace, quiet and solitude. Sometimes as much as 4 hours.

It gives me a chance to wake up, check my mail, surf the usual boards and get my blood sugar back up to normal operating levels.

Requiring decisions from me before my second cup of coffee is unwise. Bitching at me before my second cup is damn near suicidal.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Well, the alarm was set this morning (Saturday) for 6:20am. However, I woke up at 5:40am. Within 30 minutes I was on my road bike for a 50 mile ride.

Tomorrow morning the alarm will be set for 5:45am. I will be on the bike by 6:15am for a 40 mile ride. Once I get home I have to shower quickly and head out the door to take the family to Universal Studios.

So, on most of my weekends, I am moving pretty fast.

Posts: 2320 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Up between 7:00 and 8:00 AM on weekends w/o an alarm, unless I've got specific plans.

First cup of Coffee: SIGforum
Second cup of Coffee: New installment of Vice Grip Garage, or the Friday PM episode of Tucker Carlson Tonight (viewed on Fox Nation).

If I've got project/activity plans, both cups of coffee may be enjoyed in a time condensed manner, and accompanied by SIGforum, of course... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8982 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I want to just take it easy and relax on the weekends and work on projects around the house, my wife on the other hand feels the need to pack our schedule tight with activities and events and family things. It’s often a point of contention that we both have to work through, she’s never happy just staying home and chilling out, she feels like we always have to be “doing something”.

Posts: 33912 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Sleep in until 5AM, make coffee, breakfast, surf the net and youtube. Try not to be productive.

Posts: 9982 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I wake up, ready to play, every day.

Don't know how else to be.

No alarm clock required, since Uncle Sam rudely awakened me over 45 years ago...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43938 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Both my wife and I have been retired for a few years now ... myself after a four decade career and my wife from running the house (we now take turns), we wake every morning at 6a without a clock to start our day. We are busier now in retirement than before. And everyday is just a "day" without a Mon, Tues, Weds ... etc before it.

Loving it. Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
As much as I want to buy a house, living in an apartment has the advantage of not having anything to do around the house aside from normal cleaning and such. So when I don’t have the kids my days are pretty lazy. I wake up whenever I want, usually watch a little TV and play on the internet for a while, then find some place to go just to get out into the world.

When I have the kids I’m up early getting breakfast ready and then we typically have some plans made for the day. Mostly we are pretty laid back though and don’t have anything too major to stress about.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15260 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
No alarm clock needs here too. Up a 5:30 during the week. 8 on weekends. In the last three years activity during days off have slowed dramatically.

Posts: 7561 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I wake up at 6am every day, couldn’t sleep late if I wanted to. During the week, it’s all business till about 4:30. Weekends it seems like it’s all chores and what not to get ready for the next week. I’ve always got something around the house that needs doing. I think I need a vacation.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I only use the alarm clock if I have something scheduled before noon. I'm retired and most days are like all the others. When church gets back to normal I'll force myself to get up for services on Sundays. If my weekly medical treatment gets going again (lease lapsed), I'll have to do mornings there, too. And on one Thursday each month I attend a luncheon of former co-workers, so I use the alarm to insure I'm awake and ready for it.

Otherwise, I fall asleep in my lounge chair sometime between 0300 and 0500 watching TV, wake up about 0900 to use the bathroom, and typically really arise around noon. My indoor cats get their treat and food in the early afternoon and the outdoor cat gets hers in the mid afternoon. I try to schedule meetings, etc. for afternoons. (I have always been essentially worthless before 1000, and worked to put most activity after that time.)

Retirement is wonderful!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Unless I have something scheduled I seldom even look to see what time it is when I get up and weekends are the same as weekdays for me. Sometimes when making coffee I notice the clock on the stove which is typically showing anywhere between 7 and 8:30.
Generally my breakfast consists of 1 or 2 cups of coffee, steel cut oats, and a bowl of plain yogurt with walnuts and fruit or a teaspoon of jelly while catching up on the news here on Sig Forum. Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7125 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I get up on the weekends 7:30 or 8, walk the dogs w my wife, coffee, work for about an hour or so.

Sundays, esp when its coldish outside, after walking the dogs I like to sit and read for an hour while drinking coffee, then work for a couple hours

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I get up at 4-4:15 every morning for work. After 4 12's I will sleep in on Sunday's or get up early and nap later. Sunday is my worthless do nothing day. Moving to 5 8's in a couple weeks, at that point I'll probably be able to sleep till 6 on the weekends if I'm lucky.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20870 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post