New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI director Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I'd like to see GEN Flynns attorney, Sydney Powell, appointed to head the FBI. Bet we would see some indictments then. Quick and in a hurry too! Regards 18DAI

You mean the DOJ?

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
When the FBI investigated local and state law enforcement agencies for civil rights violations and obtained sufficient evidence to show a "pattern and practice", efforts were made to change the culture of the organizations that usually included a consent decree (overseen by judges), new managers hired from outside the department with the problems, and criminal prosecutions of offending personnel where the evidence supported it. Clearly, the FBI's culture is the problem here and there are numerous criminal violations that need to be addressed by the courts. Without the prosecution of those offenders, there's no incentive for anyone serving beneath the new Director to do anything other than to wait out his/her tenure and continue with "business as usual."

If the President really cares about the security of this nation and wants to prevent the political weaponization of our intelligence and law enforcement agencies again, he needs to drastically change the culture of those organizations.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10205 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
No, I meant the FBI. Powell knows first hand how corrupt the FBI has become. She will fire people AND see they are prosecuted for their crimes. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
No, I meant the FBI. Powell knows first hand how corrupt the FBI has become. She will fire people AND see they are prosecuted for their crimes. Regards 18DAI

She has written books and given talks about prosecutorial misconduct. I don’t disagree that she knows how corrupt the FBI is but I think she would be more effective as an AG. IMO.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
The FBI has been mismanaged and operated as a secret police for so long that it has a major culture problem from top to bottom.

To change culture the next director should be a total outsider. Also should be a career law enforcement administrator and definitely should NOT be a lawyer.

Once such a person is found s/he should be given the authority to clean house at the HQ level and replace the senior management with outsiders.

Agreed far too many deep staters in the ABC agencies. Need someone from outside.

Unfortunately unless they are serving "at the pleasure of" it's impossible to clean any house of any agency. As you cannot just fire a federal employee.

Federal employees stick together no matter what. Literally. No matter what. It's a club with impenetrable walls. No matter how bad, or even criminal, a fed employee is, he can't be fired under any circumstances. There are cirucumstances, but they're virtually never used.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sounds like Sidney Powell is under consideration for FBI Director

audio:

https://wiba.iheart.com/featur...-as-head-of-the-fbi/

and

https://www.toptradeguru.com/n...e-next-fbi-director/

After Wray is fired, Bannon says Richard Grenell will be interim FBI Director until Sidney Powell takes the position permanently.

Posts: 19589 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
The FBI has been mismanaged and operated as a secret police for so long that it has a major culture problem from top to bottom.

To change culture the next director should be a total outsider. Also should be a career law enforcement administrator and definitely should NOT be a lawyer.

Once such a person is found s/he should be given the authority to clean house at the HQ level and replace the senior management with outsiders.

Agreed far too many deep staters in the ABC agencies. Need someone from outside.

Unfortunately unless they are serving "at the pleasure of" it's impossible to clean any house of any agency. As you cannot just fire a federal employee.

Federal employees stick together no matter what. Literally. No matter what. It's a club with impenetrable walls. No matter how bad, or even criminal, a fed employee is, he can't be fired under any circumstances. There are cirucumstances, but they're virtually never used.

Be careful what you wish for...

Hiring outsiders isn't always the ideal solution. In the military, I've witnessed numerous long time veterans with traditional values being phased out. Replacements often tend to be people of the entitlement PC leftist mentality. Seriously, some of them would have no problem loading civilians up in box cars to be taken to concentration camps.

Right now, we're having mandatory "inclusivity" training rammed down our throats. The younger recruits are far more accepting of these leftist indoctrination programs. Old farts like me are the ones holding the line against "A Brave New World".

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

I live in a county with over 1/2 million people and our Sheriff was elected despite 0 LEO experience. Texas law required him to go get certified within x months.

I'm up in Dallas County. Which county do you live in?

Posts: 4503 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
putting Powell in that position might be a good thing

she could not have been tainted or corrupted by anyone in the agency and could clean house without being blackmailed

the DoJ and the FBI in particular need a deep, deep housecleaning

and we won't discuss the ATF - which needs to be abolished

Posts: 53205 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post