SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electric pressure washer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric pressure washer Login/Join 
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted
I'm thinking about getting the 1600psi electric Ryobi pressure washer on sale at HD. Anybody have experience with this one? I don't need a expensive gas model. I have 2 sheds and my porches and that's about it for usage. Any big projects such as the house will be let out. Thanks in advance.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
No direct experience with that unit but overall I've been less than impressed with Ryobi tools.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I have the ryobi 2,000 psi, I got it on sale for $149. It does s good job on decks, siding, surface dirt on concrete. It will not clean deep dirt in concrete and get it back to looking like new concrete.

I am happy with it for what it does especially at $149. I mostly use it to wash pollen, surface dirt, algae off the house and outdoor furniture.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I have a no-name brand electric power washer, it's either 1500 or 2000 psi, and it does what you need. I think mine was on sale for $90 at the time. If I were powerwashing all day every day I might get something more, but with this one, it just has the same disadvantage all power washers have.

The disadvantage to owning a power washer is wanting to power wash everything.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the model you're looking at for about a month. It worked very well cleaning my concrete patio after spraying on a cleaner. Used the turbo head. Very happy so far and don't plan using it for anything more than you described.

Posts: 269 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I have a SnowJoe electric pressure washer that I think has 1750PSI. Based on my experience, I think the one you are looking at would be fine for your intended uses.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Have had Power washers, honda engines - fought the good fight against ethanol 85, lost. Engines that sit gunk up, period. Even with Stabil.

The electric is not as strong - but have the 2000 Ryobi and it works great for 95% of what I need. No muss, no fuss - just runs does a good job. I'm slowly moving to electric for my Trimmer, blower, mower, and now pressure washer.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I bought this one at Sam's minus the cleaning kit thing for about $125?. Looks like link no worky. It's a Black Max

roduct:1:1" target="_blank">https://www.samsclub.com/sams/...399-shopRazzroduct:1:1

The motor burned up after about 30 min. I swapped it for a new one and has been going strong. Wouldn't be surprised if the Ryobi's are made by the same people

Posts: 5538 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Engines that sit gunk up, period.

That's been my experience. Power washing always takes on bigger dimensions than expected, everything is dirty. Smile It's never a quick chore so the washer isn't run regularly.

Old fuel isn't the only problem. My Sears PW with a Briggs gas engine has a soap reservoir. Fluids dry, residue remains, filters clog, grommets, seals and line can harden.

After an hour and a half of getting things working again, I spent yesterday power washing. The soap feature is working great everything shines! I can see one more day this year getting the rest of the siding and gutters and then back to the shed. Hopefully.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
larry the snow bird likes his a bunch, he only uses it three times per summer season

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I had an electric, worked well until it froze, my fault. I didn't like the power cord hassle but for my one use of washing the dirt bike it was great.

I went without one for several years, hated dragging stuff to the local place to hose off, so I finally bought a gas model. I don't use soap in it for my uses. A little RV antifreeze in the pump in the winter and I'll be good to go. I also have easy access to pure gas with no Ethanol. I use it once a month in the summer or so, mainly to keep the mower cleaned off.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8367 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Have a Karcher 1,600. I've used my neighbors gas powered 3,200. There's quite a difference. However, I've used his to clean the sidewalk and driveway. My electric handles everything else. In fact, when cleaning my Trex deck, I have to be careful with my electric to avoid damage.
Gas is faster on cleaning but not as fixable as electric.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Thanks ya'll, I am going to grab one. Don't think I can go wrong for $119.00 based on the comments....Dave

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Something about mixing electricity and water always seems to make my hair stand on end.

How often you going to use it? Once a year, in the spring? What about renting from Depot?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14147 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just happened to run across this. Might be helpful.

https://www.familyhandyman.com...608_Tools_DetailPage

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had no issues with mine

Make sure to use a 3/4" id hose supplying decent pressure or it won't keep prime

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6294 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Wow, thank you very much! Who would have thunk?

I got a 1600 PSI washer from Costco. I'm thinking they're all the same. Key I think is to have a good water pressure. When someone's using the water in the house like running the dishwasher, mine sputters. I already previously set the water inlet pressure correctly coming into the house so I'm not going to jimmy with it now.

I also had some brown water coming out first hence I'm going to try the pump saver above. I didn't see anything about this in the manual.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20023 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Wow, thank you very much! Who would have thunk

Yes, thank you! Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Have had Power washers, honda engines - fought the good fight against ethanol 85, lost. Engines that sit gunk up, period. Even with Stabil.

The electric is not as strong - but have the 2000 Ryobi and it works great for 95% of what I need. No muss, no fuss - just runs does a good job. I'm slowly moving to electric for my Trimmer, blower, mower, and now pressure washer.

We didn't want to fight that fight, with another gasoline engine, so we spent for a quality electric. The electric can be as strong, but they are spendy to get there. We ended up with a Mi-t-M electric, 240 volt motor @ 20 amps. I just use an adapter and plug it into my welder socket, since the the pressure washer has its own breaker and GFCI in line. 2000 psi and 2.6gpm gives us all we need. We have enough cord and hose to reach any part of the house. This is the same brand rental centers use to rent out.

Posts: 10876 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Funny, my 8yo gas pressure washer never gives me a problem. Starts up first pull every time. I always shut the fuel off and run the carb dry before putting it up though. Past 4 years I've also had access to non-ethanol gas for my mower and small engines, which really helps too I'm sure.

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post