SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    apple email quirks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

apple email quirks Login/Join 
posted
Anybody else having problems?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Wifes works on iPad, not on her phone...not sure how long it has been going on.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
2 iPhones, 2 iPads, and a MacBook all OK.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I had trouble a couple of weeks ago. If you search for my posts, you will see it. I solved the problem by calling Apple.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
What kind(s) of problems?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just asked my iWife? What problems? She's having zero.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
The mail no longer loads at all on her phone. About 2 weeks or so now.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't load on her phone? Me thinks your wife is having a problem with her inbox. I'm sure a member will come along and fix this.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Doesn't load on her phone? Me thinks your wife is having a problem with her inbox. I'm sure a member will come along and fix this.

Yes just the phone..loads ok on her iPad

posted Hide Post
Being buried by emails, Fed ex for one but many I have no idea, linked to orders by different sh1t. I finally deleted all. Never dealt with this. Mad

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I recall some network issues a week or so ago. Shut everything down and it was fine the next day.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I recently switched to an XS and my mail stopped working from the mail icon (AOL). I went throught the AOL app for a while, then someone told me that I had to go into setting and change the settings in the apple mail section to work with aol and it's worked flawlessly since.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
It’s easy to just delete that account from her phone, and add it back in again. Maybe something got corrupted.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
It is an aol account. I’ll attempt to fix the settings tonight. If not I’ll delete and reinstall..lol
Thank you all.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Being buried by emails, Fed ex for one but many I have no idea, linked to orders by different sh1t. I finally deleted all. Never dealt with this. Mad

That's not an Apple mail problem. That's something entirely different.

If I were you I'd be taking a very close look at any and every on-line merchant account I had, like right now. As well as my CC accounts and PayPal, if you have one.

I'd also be taking a very close look at those emails to determine just what they were about.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Nothing on my MB Pro, but more detail would help.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Running MacMail on recent MacBook Pro, and occasionally bordering on frequently I'll try and open an email and it will open for a split second and then immediately close. The thread will still show as unread. I have to highlight the email and hold down the command-O (for Open) and the window will open/close/open/close about 10-20 times until the email window actually opens.

If its a threaded email, I can click to the arrow to expand the thread and then open the email. Sometimes I have to forward or reply to the email (without sending) to actually see whats in it.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I first noticed intermittent problems in early Nov 2018. Then I totally lost the ability to send email via Apple Mail but was able to send and receive email via my ISP's web mail.

Many hours with support at both ISP and Apple. Completely reloaded Mojave, reconfigured email settings, etc. No luck. I was just about to take it in when something I tried from an online article I read worked.

Three days ago, I began noticing intermittent problems again. Very frustrating.

Posts: 7310 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post