SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Milley - treasonous usurper of Presidential power...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milley - treasonous usurper of Presidential power... Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
I don't recall Milley being elected to be anything. It is not his role to self-appoint, then engage in negotiations with China. He has to go.

Washington (CNN)

Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.

Woodward and Costa write that Milley, deeply shaken by the assault, 'was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election, with Trump now all but manic, screaming at officials and constructing his own alternate reality about endless election conspiracies.' Milley worried that Trump could 'go rogue,' the authors write.

"You never know what a president's trigger point is," Milley told his senior staff, according to the book. In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.

"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood. "Got it?" Milley asked, according to the book. "Yes, sir." 'Milley considered it an oath,' the authors write.

"Peril" is based on more than 200 interviews with firsthand participants and witnesses, and it paints a chilling picture of Trump's final days in office. The book, Woodward's third on the Trump presidency, recounts behind-the-scenes moments of a commander in chief unhinged and explosive, yelling at senior advisers and aides as he desperately sought to cling to power.

It also includes exclusive reporting on the events leading up to January 6 and Trump's reaction to the insurrection, as well as newly revealed details about Trump's January 5 Oval Office showdown with his vice president, Mike Pence. Woodward and Costa obtained documents, calendars, diaries, emails, meeting notes, transcripts and other records.

Milley's fear was based on his own observations of Trump's erratic behavior. His concern was magnified by the events of January 6 and the 'extraordinary risk' the situation posed to US national security, the authors write. Milley had already had two back-channel phone calls with China's top general, who was on high alert over the chaos in the US.

Then Milley received a blunt phone call from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to the book. Woodward and Costa exclusively obtained a transcript of the call, during which Milley tried to reassure Pelosi that the nuclear weapons were safe. Pelosi pushed back. "What I'm saying to you is that if they couldn't even stop him from an assault on the Capitol, who even knows what else he may do? And is there anybody in charge at the White House who was doing anything but kissing his fat butt all over this?"

Pelosi continued, "You know he's crazy. He's been crazy for a long time." According to Woodward and Costa, Milley responded, "Madam Speaker, I agree with you on everything." After the call, Milley decided he had to act. He told his top service chiefs to watch everything "all the time." He called the director of the National Security Agency, Paul Nakasone, and told him, "Needles up ... keep watching, scan." And he told then-CIA Director Gina Haspel, "Aggressively watch everything, 360."

The authors write, 'Milley was overseeing the mobilization of America's national security state without the knowledge of the American people or the rest of the world.' Woodward and Costa also write that 'some might contend that Milley had overstepped his authority and taken extraordinary power for himself,' but he believed his actions were 'a good faith precaution to ensure there was no historic rupture in the international order, no accidental war with China or others, and no use of nuclear weapons.'

Milley's fear that Trump could do something unpredictable came from experience. Right after Trump lost the election, Milley discovered the President had signed a military order to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by January 15, 2021, before he left the White House. The memo had been secretly drafted by two Trump loyalists. No one on the national security team knew about it, according to the book. The memo was eventually nullified, but Milley could not forget that Trump had done an end run around his top military advisers. Woodward and Costa write that after January 6, Milley 'felt no absolute certainty that the military could control or trust Trump and believed it was his job as the senior military officer to think the unthinkable and take any and all necessary precautions.'

Milley called it the 'absolute darkest moment of theoretical possibility,' the authors write.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14...p-nuclear/index.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brings to mind a movie: 7 Days in May.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"I'm in charge!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43809 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Brings to mind a firing squad: with no blank cartridges. Who in the fuck did this asshole think he was - Nancy Pelosi?

"He regarded it as an oath." Right. I wonder if he mentioned that to the people in the room before asking the question and going around the room - or afterwards.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
sounds to me like milley was the one out of control....instigated on by the speaker.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this does kinda raise questions about Milley's mental state and mental competence, does it not?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if true, his next posting needs to be hard labor at Ft. Leavenworth

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Brings to mind a movie: 7 Days in May.

You beat me to it but I thought the same thing...

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Yeah, this does kinda raise questions about Milley's mental state and mental competence, does it not?

His actions speak for themselves. Mutiny. Treason. Sedition. He should be brought up on charges and tried immediately. This is a death penalty offense.

This is serious and should not be glossed over or ignored.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Yes, Death penalty would be appropriate.

Milley was concerned Trump might order a strike that would lead to war with China, yet Milley has no issue with Biden.

Surrendering to the Taliban and turning over $85 Billion in military hardware along with piles of $100 dollar bills was “A OK” with Milley.

To top it off China is in-line to be the next occupant of Bagram Air Field, and the Taliban have biometric data on all those who worked with the U.S. over the past 20 years in Afghanistan.

Yep, Milley was concerned with President Trump, but Dementia Joe is an expert in Foreign Affairs and has all his trust.

Strange that Milley is not concerned about the the Russian’s possibly having one of Hunters lost laptops.
No risk of blackmail to the Bidens with that is there.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thinking that Trump would use nukes is a fever dream. Suggesting that Trump would is either a fabrication or self-induced paranoia. Most troubling may be knowing the left always accuses their opponents of what the left itself does. Not saying the left are nuking anyone but I do believe they'd be the most likely to. They hate everyone.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
On Saturday 9/11 I had the honor and privilege of attending the MOH Black Tie Dinner for the MOH Society. The evening and venue was amazing, and to be in the company of true heroes was amazing. Gen. Milley was slated to receive an award from the society, but he had other engagements and did not send an assistant to receive it, nor did the sense in the room seem he was missed at all.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
As described, this is almost an unbelievable act of treason. My goodness.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Haven't you guys figured this out yet?

EVERYTHING these assholes cried that Trump was or was doing…THEY WERE DOING THEMSELVES. Mad

Wahh “Trump is a dictator!”

Biden is literally acting like a dictator now

Wahh “Trump is out of control”

Woke asshole Milley is out of control and committing treason

FFS Red Face

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Milley had more faith in China's top general than he did in the duly elected President of the United States.

What if our enemies had made a move on us during this conflict of command?

Al Haig was out by the end of the day.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If true death penalty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
So none of the other officers said nothing or reported anything?
They are as guilty as mealy mouth.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Off with his head.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This can not be allowed to be normal operating procedure. Military coup in a banana republic comes to mind.

I want to see the transcript of Milley's call.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Rename him, Jack D Ripper.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post