SIGforum
Milley - treasonous usurper of Presidential power...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7220070584

September 15, 2021, 09:56 AM
HayesGreener
Milley - treasonous usurper of Presidential power...
The allegations are incredible and I want to see proof. Milley is not a combatant commander so he's not going to carry out any attack orders anyway. Woodward is an asshole with a history of twisting and embellishing the facts going back decades. He has so many sources in D.C. with a full range of veracity and agendas, no telling what he has got them to say. Let's see the proof before the hanging.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
September 15, 2021, 10:31 AM
corsair
We all know Milley is a spineless ass, but consider the source for this 'revelation' Bob Woodward.

This is a guy who's been riding his Watergate fame of 'unnamed sources' ever since, he's treated as a high-priest within journalism circles because of it. He's written 4 books about GW Bush, along with exposing Valarie Plame in another book of the same time period, and 3 books on Trump. The guy's MO is about fabricating, exaggerating and amplifying statements and situations. While I have no love for Milley, I believe Woodward is taking an isolated incident and pumping it up to not only make Trump look bad but, also include Milley in the Jan 6 black-hole that the Dems are so intent on creating and enlarging.
September 15, 2021, 10:39 AM
coloradohunter44
I agree with Mark Levins assessment. He does an awesome job of cutting thru the bs.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
September 15, 2021, 12:47 PM
PASig
General Mi Li

September 15, 2021, 01:50 PM
2BobTanner
Well, the BASTARD has admitted he did what has been alleged by Woodward book.

These are the top headlines at the linked article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...oordination-DoD.html

Biden says he has 'complete confidence' in Joint Chiefs chairman Milley despite him admitting he DID call China and lectured his staff on nukes protocol - but denies he broke the law: Veterans demand he resign

President Joe Biden said he has 'great confidence' in General Mark Milley after he admitted to holding calls with his Chinese counterpart working under Trump

Press Secretary Jen Psaki called Milley a 'patriot' when defending him

She said Biden has 'complete confidence' in Milley's 'fidelity to our Constitution'

Former Acting Pentagon chief said he 'would never' authorize the 'secret' calls

General Mark Milley confirmed the phone calls took place in a Wednesday statement via his spokesman Colonel Dave Butler

A new book claims Milley phoned his Chinese counterpart to give reassurances two days after the January 6 Capitol riot

Trump accused him of treason and Republicans are demanding he resign

The book's revelations triggered a wave of concern that Milley had violated the chain of command and endangered national security

Milley was concerned Trump may take rogue action to stay in office

All of the above was detailed in 'Peril', an upcoming book about the 2020 presidential election by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken
September 15, 2021, 01:51 PM
wcb6092
Milley Responds, Claims Usurping Presidential Power To Give Enemy Advance Notice Just Part Of 'Regular Communications'

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ley-be-relieved-duty

While many Republicans described the actions of Milley as treasonous if they indeed took place, White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters that the president is backing Milley even if the calls did happen.

“The president believes he’s patriotic, his fidelity to our Constitution is unquestionable, and he has complete confidence in him,” Psaki said during a briefing in Washington.

Psaki claimed the context of when the calls allegedly took place was important, accusing Trump of “fomenting an insurrection,” referring to Jan. 6, and that “there was broad concern about many members of his national security team” in the wake of the U.S. Capitol breach.

“It’s the obligation of every chairman of the joint chiefs to follow constitutional order to prevent unlawful military action,” she also said.

Is anyone surprised?

As the backlash from Woodward's expose of General Milley's apparently treasonous actions grows, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has issued a damage control statement (h/t @JoshRogin) (emphasis ours)

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs regularly communicates with Chiefs of Defense across the world, including with China and Russia.

These conversations remain vital to improving mutual understanding of U.S. national security interests, reducing tensions, providing clarity and avoiding unintended consequences or conflict.

His calls with the Chinese and others in October and January were in keeping with these duties and responsibilities conveying reassurance in order to maintain strategic stability.

All calls from the Chairman to his counterparts, including those reported, are staffed, coordinated and communicated with the Department of Defense and the interagency.

Also in keeping with his responsibilities as senior military advisor to the President and Secretary of Defense, General Milley frequently conducts meetings with uniformed leaders across the Services to ensure all leaders are aware of current issues.

The meeting regarding nuclear weapons protocols was to remind uniformed leaders in the Pentagon of the long-established and robust procedures in light of media reporting on the subject.

General Milley continues to act and advise within his authority in the lawful tradition of civilian control of the military and his oath to the Constitution.

As @JackBeTrader so correctly noted:

"if he doesn't deny the conversation as it was reported, then it's an admission."

He didn't deny it... QED.

With 4 star generals who call our enemies and promise not to follow the commander-in-chief's orders, China doesn't even need an illegitimate president compromised by bribes and blackmails.

If Biden chose to go to war with China over Taiwan, what is to prevent Milley – or any of the other high-ranking generals who have the same strongly-held views – from again acting on his “good faith” belief that he has to prevent war with China and actively subverts the president’s decision?

Chillingly, even that might not be the worst outcome.

The idea of a military coup in America has always been considered so improbable that few would ever take the threat seriously. But acts like these Milley has taken move us dangerously close to a place where some officers in the future might consider it. They would, no doubt, be acting in what they believe to be the best interests of the country, regarding the decisions of a civilian president as representing a danger to the nation, and seize control by removing the president from power.

We fool ourselves if we don’t think that could happen in America. If we allow this continued insubordination of our top military leaders against our duly elected civilian leaders – regardless of whether we agree or strongly oppose any given policy – to succeed, we run the risk of paralyzing our government in a moment of crisis or one day suffering a coup. To forestall that possibility, we need to stop this trend dead in its tracks now.

Milley must be relieved of duty. Today.

More at link.

September 15, 2021, 02:03 PM
ulsterman
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Well, the BASTARD has admitted he did what has been alleged by Woodward book.

These are the top headlines at the linked article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...oordination-DoD.html

Biden says he has 'complete confidence' in Joint Chiefs chairman Milley despite him admitting he DID call China and lectured his staff on nukes protocol - but denies he broke the law: Veterans demand he resign

President Joe Biden said he has 'great confidence' in General Mark Milley after he admitted to holding calls with his Chinese counterpart working under Trump

Press Secretary Jen Psaki called Milley a 'patriot' when defending him

She said Biden has 'complete confidence' in Milley's 'fidelity to our Constitution'

Former Acting Pentagon chief said he 'would never' authorize the 'secret' calls

General Mark Milley confirmed the phone calls took place in a Wednesday statement via his spokesman Colonel Dave Butler

A new book claims Milley phoned his Chinese counterpart to give reassurances two days after the January 6 Capitol riot

Trump accused him of treason and Republicans are demanding he resign

The book's revelations triggered a wave of concern that Milley had violated the chain of command and endangered national security

Milley was concerned Trump may take rogue action to stay in office

All of the above was detailed in 'Peril', an upcoming book about the 2020 presidential election by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa

If Trump were President this happened, the Democrats would be calling for Milleys head.
September 15, 2021, 02:17 PM
PASig
A friend just told me that Mark Esper is now caught up in all this?

But Esper's involvement blows the entire Jan 6 narrative out of the water because he was fired in November.

September 15, 2021, 02:19 PM
TSE
Biden should really think this through. He is very likely to be thought of as incompetent for many reasons, and his senior staff seem to be ok with the concept of ignoring the President's directions, wishes, or intentions and even actively working against them.

Calgary Shooting Centre
September 15, 2021, 04:33 PM
Il Cattivo
It's already a hair worse than that.

Milley interfered with Trump's exercise of control over the nukes because Milley was pissed that Trump didn't let Milley decide whether or not Trump should make the deal he did to get out of Afghanistan. This was the basis of Milley's insistence that Trump was not mentally competent and therefore could not be trusted with control over the nukes.

Milley was then pressed by Pelosi and Schumer and others to transfer some degree of control over the nukes to Congressional leaders because Pelosi insisted that Trump was nuts for resisting the theft of the 2020 election. Milley refused.

On the surface that looks like responsibility, but look at the end result: and unelected Presidential counselor with no objective role in the military chain of command arbitrarily arrogated control over America's nuclear arsenal and foreign policy to himself.

Should Biden think this through? If Biden had the least shred of responsibility, common sense and sense of self-preservation then Milley would be gone like polyester leisure suits and dyed comb-overs.
September 15, 2021, 05:00 PM
SIGnified
Somehow, I’m just not surprised.

“Bad boy bad boys; whatcha gonna do when they come for you”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
September 15, 2021, 05:05 PM
kimber1911
I guess now, one must wonder, who currently has authority over U.S. Nuclear Weapons?

Biden, Milley, Pelosi, Obama, Susan Rice, Gates, Zi, Putin how is one to know?

If you weren’t scared before, you should be now.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021
September 15, 2021, 05:40 PM
nhtagmember
IF Milley did in fact tell the Chinese he would give them advanced warning of an attack, then he in fact provided aid and comfort to our enemy and he should catch a bullet for that

call it whatever you want, but he just aided our enemies
September 15, 2021, 06:43 PM
wcb6092
Trump SecDef Refutes Milley's 'Regular Comms' Excuse, Calls For Immediate Resignation

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ley-be-relieved-duty

While General Milley and The White House must be hoping that if they just keep pointing the finger at Trump's behavior, this whole treasonous affair will go away judging from angry comments from Christopher Miller - who was Donald Trump's acting Secretary of Defense at the time of the calls to China - this crisis is anything but over...

JustTheNews.com's Susan Katz Keating reports that the former Pentagon chief said he did not authorize Gen. Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, to directly contact China's top military commander - contrary to Milley's claims that his conversations with Beijing were approved by defense officials.

Miller said he "as secretary of defense, did not and would not ever authorize" the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to hold "secret" conversations with the Chinese defense chief.

In a statement to Fox News, Miller said the alleged calls were a "disgraceful and unprecedented act of insubordination."

"The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the highest-ranking military officer whose sole role is providing military-specific advice to the president, and by law is prohibited from exercising executive authority to command forces," Miller said.

"The chain of command runs from the President to the Secretary of Defense, not through the Chairman."

Miller added that if the story of Milley’s "histrionic outbursts and unsanctioned, anti-Constitutional involvement in foreign policy prove true, he must resign immediately or be fired by the Secretary of Defense to guarantee the sanctity of the officer corps."

September 15, 2021, 06:51 PM
YooperSigs
How would you like to be in our military right now? Especially those who are responsible for our nuclear weapons.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 15, 2021, 07:03 PM
sigfreund
I posted this in the “meaning of treason” thread, but I believe it’s applicable here in reference to what offenses under the Uniform Code of Military Justice Milley may have committed.
================

It occurred to me: Article 94, Uniform Code of Military Justice.
(I am not sure, based on what was alleged about Chairman Milley’s action, that he actually committed the offense described, but I believe he could be charged with conspiracy to commit the offense (Article 81), or at least an attempt to commit the offense (Article 80). Were I the prosecutor I would charge the primary offense.)
------------

10 U.S. Code § 894 - Art. 94. Mutiny or sedition

(a) Any person subject to this chapter who—

(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;

(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;

(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
September 15, 2021, 07:27 PM
2BobTanner
I was not a JAG officer when in the USAF, just an SP officer, but what are the procedures for when it is the Chairman of the JCS who commits an offense deemed actionable by the UCMJ?

If the SECDEF is a sycophant, and the POTUS is oblivious to what’s going on around him, to whom and how would subordinates inform to oppose unlawful actions? It would appear on the face of it, that the entire JCS has been compromised as none have spoken out or resigned about this.

Are there procedures in place to have a subordinate relieve (place under arrest) the highest ranking officer in the military? And who would that be; the Inspector General of the Dept of Defense perhaps, or someone else?

This is a situation that has never occurred to my knowledge, and we are at a critical juncture in American military history.

I’m sure I’m not the only individual who has thought this question.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken
September 15, 2021, 07:43 PM
Rick Lee
Rest assured, Milley's freedom and pension are totally safe. Biden's handlers will make sure nothing ever really comes of this, other than public outrage. But they're used to that.
September 15, 2021, 08:33 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
[W]hat are the procedures for when it is the Chairman of the JCS who commits an offense deemed actionable by the UCMJ?

This is from the Joint Chiefs web site even though it also says that the Chairman is the senior ranking member of the armed forces:

“The chain of command to these combatant commands runs from the President to the Secretary of Defense directly to the commander of the combatant command. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff may transmit communications to the commanders of the combatant commands from the President and Secretary of Defense but does not exercise military command over any combatant forces.”

https://www.jcs.mil/About/The-Joint-Staff/Chairman/

Because he isn’t in the chain of command between the “combatant” commands and the Secretary of Defense and President, complaints to those officials would not run through him. “But, but ….” Yes, if the SecDef and President don’t want to take notice of a complaint and do something about it, that’s just the way it is and is hardly anything new or different. “As it was in the beginning” and all that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
September 15, 2021, 08:47 PM
2PAK
If true, it's treason. Full stop.

Generally, when you hear an Executive (or POTUS) say very publicly, 'I have full confidence..' bla, bla the person e.g., Milley will resign within a short period of time.