SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are any of you making any political contributions and if so, what are the most beneficial to our cause?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are any of you making any political contributions and if so, what are the most beneficial to our cause? Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I'm talking about the November elections of course.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38722 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nope

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Whatever few dollars I could cough up would be not just a drop in the bucket, more like pissing in the ocean. They already have so much money they wouldn't notice.

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
"All politics is local." That is where I contribute a little, say, $50. Face to face hand he candidate a check. Mention your 2A proclivity. The local alderman or county commissioner has some influence on local 2A issues that arise.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
still deleting phone calls and messages and throwing away junk mail from my wife supporting Ted Cruz. Luckily she used her email address so I don't have to deal with that.

And still getting near-daily calls from TX which I never answer (sorry if that was you JAllen). And more junk e-mails than regular e-mails.

Next time I will set up a new dummy e-mail account for all this crap. And give the VOIP phone number that’s unplugged.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I stopped giving political contributions long ago. Got tired of paying for the privilege of having the country run into the ground. Plus, it's never enough. No matter how much they raise, they always need more and aren't shy about asking for it via phone, email, mail, etc. There's always another crisis that they could fix if they just had a few more dollars from me. And another thing that always bothered me was how every donation I make will somehow be triple matched by some generous benefactor. If they've got people willing to triple match all the donations, why don't they just ask those guys to fund everything instead of pretending the $3 they want from me will make a difference?

Posts: 6065 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
No longer.

Last time I contributed was to Trump, and I gave until it hurt. But he was obviously a special case given the dire circumstances.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Sorry I asked.

So, you all think we're gonna kick some ass in November no matter what???

I know all the reasons NOT to make political contributions.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38722 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nope

not one thin dime from me to anyone or party...

they have yet to demonstrate they deserve it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53232 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I give to the NRA, hoping they spend it to good effect.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My money goes to folks suing CA over guns.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I give, not a lot but it gives me a license to complain.

This time I plan to give to the Senatorial campaigns in Red states with Dem Senators up for reelection. Ill give to their Republican opponents.

F the Democrats!

HK Ag

Posts: 3506 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

This time I plan to give to the Senatorial campaigns in Red states with Dem Senators up for reelection. Ill give to their Republican opponents.

F the Democrats!

HK Ag

That's what I'm looking for! Any details? Thanks!

posted Hide Post
I am contributing to Hillary/Warren 2020!

/s

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

F the Democrats!

HK Ag

You don't need to give money to earn the right to complain. Just vote in every election and you're covered.

I only give to local candidates and nothing to national parties.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
My vote is my contribution !

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

F the Democrats!

HK Ag

That's what I'm looking for! Any details? Thanks!
I did that in 2010. I gave to 7 republicans in tight races. I still get e-mails and phone calls because my contact info was sold/shared. NEVER again.

I now give to NRA PVF in election season.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23316 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
I am contributing to Hillary/Warren 2020!

/s

You mean Warren/Waters, or better, Waters/Warren

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I contribute to Judicial Watch. I consider it a far better investment.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Lastmanstanding beat me to it. Judicial watch is my sole “political” contribution.

Edited: damned autocorrect

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post