SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Andrew Lloyd Webber "emotionally damaged" by seeing the movie of his musical "Cats"--he went out and bought a dog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Andrew Lloyd Webber "emotionally damaged" by seeing the movie of his musical "Cats"--he went out and bought a dog Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Link

quote:
Andrew Lloyd Webber, the mastermind composer behind Broadway's iconic "Cats," has admitted that he found the 2019 film based on the theatrical production so emotionally distressing that he went out and got a dog.

The "Cats" film, with its all-star cast including Taylor Swift, Idris Elba, Jennifer Hudson, Rebel Wilson, and James Corden, seemed set for success but ultimately it was a box-office flop. In an interview with Variety, Lloyd Webber explained why he thought the film tanked.

"'Cats' was off-the-scale all wrong," he said. "There wasn’t really any understanding of why the music ticked at all. I saw it and I just thought, ‘Oh, God, no.’ It was the first time in my 70-odd years on this planet that I went out and bought a dog. So the one good thing to come out of it is my little Havanese puppy."

Lloyd Webber formed such a strong bond with the puppy, which was a constant companion for him during lockdown, that he now insists the dog travels with him. He is prepared to do whatever it takes to get airlines to allow the puppy onboard.

"I wrote off and said I needed him with me at all times because I’m emotionally damaged and I must have this therapy dog," Lloyd Webber recalled of one incident. "The airline wrote back and said, 'Can you prove that you really need him?' And I said 'Yes, just see what Hollywood did to my musical 'Cats.' Then the approval came back with a note saying, 'No doctor’s report required.'"

This is, as far as I know, the only good thing that has ever happened as a result of the movie "Cats".

Posts: 18101 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Funny stuff.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5692 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
One of the stupidest fucking plays I've ever seen in my life, even before hollywood did what Hollywood does.

Just a fucking retarded piece of art, I don't give a damn about Weber. Had the emotional distress coming.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If the movie version had been a smashing success, he would be singing a different tune.

Emotionally damaged? Tell me, Andrew- how did Hollywood get the movie rights? Any idea?

Posts: 107785 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
These weak, entitled, mentally defective leftists. Let them first ponder the PTSD that our vets deal with before I’ll give a fuck about their need for emotional support whatevers. Sick of these whiny ass bitches. It’s a movie. About cats.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12763 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Why would Andrew Lloyd Webber need to fly on a commercial airline? He has more money than god. Just looked at his net worth and I suspect that 820 million GBP is over 1 billion USD. Who worries about whether Delta will take your stupid dog when you've got more money than the lowest 18 national GDPs in the world???

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After I checked into my hotel Monday night, I was flipping through the channels and stopped on Cats. I hadn't seen it and there was nothing else of interest on so I spent 20-minutes staring at it...I'm still looking for those 20-minutes

Posts: 14708 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Enough with the Cats pictures" --- Andrew Lloyd Webber

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15916 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107785 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post