SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    100th Anniversary flypast of the Royal Air Force
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

100th Anniversary flypast of the Royal Air Force Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks tac. So is the Brit "Triad" a peg leg, or are they bi-pedal, by being able to deliver either cruise missiles or gravity bombs by fighter bomber?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Nope, they only deploy Submarine Launched Ballistic Missles (SLBM). Trident II from four subs, usually one on station/patrol at any given time. No more gravity bombs, artillery shell, or land based rocket/missle systems.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Congrats to the RAF. They have 29 years on the USAF.

If you count the true predecessor to the USAF, The United States Army Air Service, they only have around 54 days on us.

RAF: Born April 1, 1918
Army Air Service: Born May 24, 1918

Point being, the RAF is the oldest *independent* air arm.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That was very cool, thank you tac

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Those interested in early military aviation history should know about Benajamin D. Foulois.
My wife taught at the eponymous junior high school near Andrews Air Force Base shortly after we were married.

He was the first military aviator in the US—flying a dirigible for the Signal Corps.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post