SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    From The "Democrats Leave No "Good" Deed Unpunished File: Adam "Schifferbrains" Throws Robert Mueller Under The Bus For "Heartbreaking" Mental Decline
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From The "Democrats Leave No "Good" Deed Unpunished File: Adam "Schifferbrains" Throws Robert Mueller Under The Bus For "Heartbreaking" Mental Decline Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
No kidding. So now what; is Schiff going to insist that Congress relitigate the whole "Trump Colluded With Russia" hoax because the conspirators to steal the 2016 election lacked adequate counsel? All that Schiff can accomplish by doing this is to undercut the entire investigation that the Democrats themselves instigated.

quote:
Adam Schiff Claims Robert Mueller Suffering 'Heartbreaking' Cognitive Decline
Kaelan Deese, Washington Examiner, Oct. 6, 2021

Rep. Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, opened up about Robert Mueller's 'heartbreaking' lack of acuity in a forthcoming book, which includes revelations about the special counsel appointed during the Trump-Russia probe. Mueller, now 76, was appointed special counsel in May 2017 after former President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey. Although Schiff writes that he pursued Mueller to deliver his July 2019 testimony, the reality was "heartbreaking" to Schiff when he struggled to answer basic questions. "Had I known how much he had changed, I would not have pursued his testimony with such vigor - in fact, I would not have pursued it at all," Schiff wrote in his upcoming book, according to CNN.

Schiff, a California Democrat who became a liberal champion during the first impeachment probe and an enemy to conservatives who parroted Trump's rebuff of a "Russia hoax," admitted that he instructed Democrats on the committee to simplify their questioning strategy after the first session to accommodate Mueller's cognitive inhibitions. "No questions calling for a narrative answer," Schiff told the committee, according to his book. "No multipart questions. If you think your question may be too long, it is. Cut it down."

The leading special counsel ultimately did not issue a conclusion on whether Trump obstructed justice, leaving it to then-Attorney General William Barr to decide. Mueller's team did not charge Trump or anyone on his campaign with conspiring with the Russian government during the 2016 election. Still, prosecutors said the campaign "expected it would benefit" from Russia's interference in the election. In his testimony, Mueller underscored, "The president was not exculpated." Trump touted Mueller's testimony as "horrible". "I don't thing anybody could have done a good performance, he had no material," the former president said on July 24, 2019.

The former president was impeached in the House on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress but was acquitted in the Senate on Feb. 5, 2020.

Some compression for space, some excision to avoid giving Schiff's book title clicks. Full original text at http://www.washingtonexaminer....ng-cognitive-decline

You can just about hear the questions asking themselves, can't you?

- If Mueller was beginning to have problems, then why wasn't Schiff aware of Mueller's cognitive decline earlier?

- If Mueller was having problems, then why wasn't he replaced before blowing years of time and millions of taxpayer dollars?

- If Mueller had suffered cognitive decline, then how seriously can anyone take not only the investigation but Mueller's insistence that Trump was not 'exculpated' despite Mueller's admission in an open (and televised) Congressional hearing that there was absolutely no evidence that Trump colluded with Russia?

- If Schiff found out about Mueller's putative mental decline in time to instruct his fellow Dems on the committee to keep their questions simple, why didn't he mention it at the time and demand some sort of 'do-over'? It's not like obstructionism would bother Schiff.

- Is this all just part of the recent flurry of adverse news stories about Trump intended to take pressure off of Biden and make it more difficult for Trump to run again in 2024?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It does explain why the Trump haters on his 'team' were allowed to run the 'investigation' unhindered. He was likely chosen for this very reason.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Wait, Dems now have concerns over officials with cognitive decline?
It might be worth their while taking a look at the President now before he does something they will regret.....oh wait

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Allow them to devour their own … They always do.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The absolute definition of irony....Adam Schiff calling out another person for mental deficiency.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the correct term I feel when I read this is "Schadenfreude"

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, go nuts - call it "Schiffenfruede". Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
trying hard to give a crap about anything that happens to Mueller

been trying all morning

still can't come up with anything

he threw justice and America under the bus, I think its fitting that he gets run over by it

Posts: 53191 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The more I have read about Robert Mueller the more I hope Schifferbrains does him as dirty as possible. Malfeasant old bastard finally getting used the way he has used others. Fuck that guy and fuck his misdeeds to the previous administration.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Rep. Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. - Oxymoron.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget what that would do to the Dems' ability to find another sucker the next time they want to pimp someone who's at least notionally impartial to do their dirty work. Or, for that matter, to try again - Schiff's basically reinforcing the case that the whole effort was a pointless sham from the beginning.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'm not gonna demand that you change your thread title, but... Wink

I take issue with the 'Good Deed' descriptor being used, as there was NO such thing associated with ANY part that seditious coup attempt by the left!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8907 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Backpfeifengesicht

Literal translation: “cheek whistle face” / meaning: someone whose face makes you want to punch him

https://germanisweird.com/backpfeifengesicht/

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I dig the concept, but where does the 'whistle' come in?
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I'm not gonna demand that you change your thread title, but... Wink

I take issue with the 'Good Deed' descriptor being used, as there was NO such thing associated with ANY part that seditious coup attempt by the left!

Oh, I'm sure they told Mueller this was Boy Scout quality stuff.

posted Hide Post
I can't think of a more disgusting piece of shit human being than Adam Schiff.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post