SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Experiance with Tamko Shingle quality
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiance with Tamko Shingle quality Login/Join 
posted
My wife and I have a 1450 square foot ranch home that was roofed 18 years ago with a Tamko 50 year shingle. About 3 years ago the shingles started to curl. Two months ago I contacted Tamko about the problem and after some exchange of pictures and information they offered to supply two thirds of the shingles for a new roof. Nothing on labor or other materials is included. The shingle they are offering is another 50 year shingle "Heritage Titan XT" and the top of their line. This would end up saving us about $1700 on the entire job and we are increasing the ventilation at the same time. Our roofer normally uses Owens Art Shingle which he likes very much. Anybody have any experience with the current Tamko product? (Heritage Titan XT) Internet ratings for this particular shingle seem to be very good from what look like honest sources. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 1505 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post