SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Checking on my birdy nests
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checking on my birdy nests Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Like the peeping tom that I am.

I have platforms up in my rafters on the front porch for whoever wants to move in.

I couldn't see who was in this one, so I got out my auto mirror to take a peek.

Yep, house finches.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34202 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
We have been raided by a brood of four little Carolina Wrens, mom and dad too. Cute little things.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Power poopers.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1329 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You should see what professional Barn Swallows can do!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34202 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
You should see what professional Barn Swallows can do!

We have a colony/town/village/squadron of Barn Swallows that nest under a bridge 1/4 mile away and shoot across our backyard gobbling up insects. They really love it when you cut the grass. Very impressive to watch, like little fighter jets. Incredibly agile.

Posts: 2552 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We have a rather large group home for cactus wrens in one of our front yard trees. They are up early every morning, usually before we are. Noisy fuckers, and intrusive. If you leave a door open, they will gladly wander your house.

Posts: 10810 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, I have been waiting for the hummers to show up!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post