SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco cops fire 65 shots in 15 seconds at murder suspect in dramatic video
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco cops fire 65 shots in 15 seconds at murder suspect in dramatic video Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The cops should've known better to throw themselves on the sidewalk like that. Good way to get stuck with a used hypodermic needle or land in a man-sized pile of shit.

But hey, those meth vans need proper ventilation, or you end up like a few I've seen with burn and smoke marks trailing up from the windows to the roof. Really, they did him a favor and saved him a lot of work. Since they don't do anything to vagrant junkies on the West Coast, I expect that cook will have his home-on-wheels back from impound within the week, and with an apology for the misunderstanding.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
67 bullets flying willy nilly round an urban area and no one was hit.

That some mighty fine shooting fellas.

T.J Hooker thought he was on a Shetland pony!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
The cops should've known better to throw themselves on the sidewalk like that. Good way to get stuck with a used hypodermic needle or land in a man-sized pile of shit....

You really think San Francisco has man-sized poop piles and used druggie needles on the city sidewalks? Wink

(Actually they have cith maps of such). Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big city cops...getting big city results.

Firearms training was always suspect with SFPD, rarely ever are outside trainers brought in. Command staff would only allow the long-time armory and weapons staffs to regurgitate TTP's from decades ago, a few guys would get outside training on their own and try to disseminate that to the rest of their teammates; usually resulting in the command staff squashing any new ideas. Combined with the heavy-handedness of the police commission, a confrontational political landscape and the adversarial relationship with the police union...you get things like this.

Posts: 14699 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
These bozos with badges have to be the laughing stock in squad rooms all over the nation.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16258 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Anyone else hear one of the officers yelling "Get more ammo!" while the barrage was still going on? It is both sad and incredibly funny at the same time. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should have had some of those evil black rifles.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1869 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Maybe they thought they saw the Predator.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30437 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
Are they using blanks in SF?

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Trained by NYPD...

Hey now... NYPD has a legitimate reason they can't hit anyone, triggers you need two fingers to pull. Big Grin

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Trained by NYPD...

In the NYPD's defense, they DID manage to get hits on bystanders.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16191 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dramatic - perhaps.

And that's about the only positive thing a can say on this.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Note to self: if SF Police ever shoot at me I will stand very still just to be safe.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Keystone Cops.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
There use to be a time in our nation that Police shot a lot. They where paid extra to shoot some times. They where required to shoot once a month. They went to local, state, regional, national, and international Police pistol competitions. They did this for fun and pride in their job and to be a good shot when the time called for it. Many Cops use to be Gun Guys. It is sad that this isn't the same anymore.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'd imagine that Inspector Harry Callahan is sorely, SORELY disappointed. He would have blown that dude's head CLEAN off...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, SDPD is making it look easy, going 1 for 1.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9700 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
67 bullets flying willy nilly round an urban area and no one was hit.

That some mighty fine shooting fellas.

T.J Hooker thought he was on a Shetland pony!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="715" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oyHDMKoF_zI" width="800"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

My exact first thought when reading the story? "Patty and the killer missed each other but they shot that town to hell!"

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Embarrassing.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10716 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cops are lucky they didn't shoot themselves tripping over each other and all.

Was this one of the Noble Homeless we hear so much about?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13410 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post