New
Find
Notify
Tools

4Runner Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
My new Toyota, a family hand-me-down. 1993 with 3.0 V6. Only 26,000 miles. Original tires!

1993 4-Runner - 4 by kpkina, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

Posts: 198 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
The 3.0 V-6 isn't my favorite engine, but with some care it should run for a long time.
With only 26K that 4Runner should have a lot of years left in it! Congrats.

Posts: 1796 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That's a catch!

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of power, and I worry about the head gasket issue. But otherwise a workhorse.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is practically brand new.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty. I'm guessing with that low mileage, it's mostly been driven around town which we know is more taxing on the drive components than highway miles. Still, I'd just make the necessary repairs. With a little TLC it should get you over 200k miles. Don't worry about power. You're not going to the drag strip with this SUV.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
KEEPER!! I sold a 1998 with 261,000 miles on it last year. 230,000 were mine. The V6 is a winner. The only weak link is frame rust. I would have the frame Fluid Filmed. What you read about Tacoma frame recalls never extended to 4Runners. Currently on my 6th 4Runner. Welcome to the club.

Posts: 1655 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yoopers would beat a path to your door for it! I cant recall the last time I saw one of that age that was not trashed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
That's a beauty. I'm guessing with that low mileage, it's mostly been driven around town which we know is more taxing on the drive components than highway miles.

Actually, my parents used it for camping, so mostly highway miles.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
Not even broken in yet

Very nice!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6302 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Freakin’ nice! Enjoy!

Posts: 4522 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Tire age out, they just don’t wear out. Tires that old are dangerous. Please replace them before any real use.

Otherwise. Wow, cherry rig and an awesome one at that.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'm getting new tires next week.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!!! Definitely change tires and do NOT go near this site! Very hazardous to your wallet.
https://www.toyota-4runner.org/

And if you ever decide to sell, reach out!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1864 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Oh I know how that goes. Used to own a YJ Jeep. Just Empty Every Pocket.

I've already had 2 offers on it. Both before I actually owned it.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that's a keeper for sure!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

十人十色

Posts: 2109 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Excellent.
My company vehicle is a 2011 that just crossed 195k miles.
It has been rock-solid, and is excellent on snow and gravel roads.
Enjoy.

Posts: 3865 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
An amazing gift. Congrats Kkina. That is awesome. Enjoy. You deserve it! Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19763 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post