SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Factor Prepared meals - anyone use this service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Factor Prepared meals - anyone use this service Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Neighbors son has it sent to their house, he's living there while working here and it allows him to get high protein dinners so his mom doesn't have to cook or buy him groceries.

Seems to like them, was thinking of using them for a month to see how it goes. Curious of the food quality and selections prep, seems like an interesting service that can provide a high protein diet and I'd no longer have to go to the store for dinner meals.

The images make them look quite tasty, although you never know if reality meets expectations... based on a picture...

Not sure it would be appreciated in the "What'd ya make fer dinner, grandpa?" Thread



Link
 
Posts: 28567 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fiber optic
posted Hide Post
My wife ordered them for us for a bit. They tasted great but were expensive.

They ship in a box lined with ice bricks and then some extra bricks at the bottom. They would frequently sit on my front porch for a while before I got home. Atmospheric humidity would condense onto the box making it a soggy mess.




Learn and love and to do
What it takes to step through

 
Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My wife tried them for like a year. Temperature wise was never really a problem.

Trouble was they arrived with the black trays they came in shattered to bits. In a box with 6 meals, you might have 3 that weren't actually damaged. This happened to more than half the shipments, maybe 4 of 7 boxes.

We had to send pictures and they would credit us for the damaged ones.

Apparently they never addressed the ape throwing around the Samsonite luggage and this got old real friggin fast.

We are very happy to never use them again.
 
Posts: 7964 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to quality as I haven't used Factor.

However, I did use a competitor, Sun Basket, and initially it was great, but the repeated FEDEX deliveries a day or two late irked me greatly as they didn't have enough insulation and dry ice for multiple days in 99% of Texas' weather (i.e. pretty similar to Florida). I used them exclusively for weeknight dinners, and when a shipment was delayed it meant dining out (i.e. what I was trying to avoid by having this service). Apparently, the losses from FEDEX were really affecting their business and they made it harder and harder to get a refund. The final straw was when I was on the phone for a 2 day late box, I jammed my instant read thermometer in the salmon, and I exclaimed to customer service that "it's not safe to expect customers to eat 50F salmon."



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
 
Posts: 25809 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I used Factor for about a year and it was generally a positive experience. The meals are expensive though. Sometimes delivery would be a day or two late in the winter months likely due to weather which really can’t be helped. It’s been a few years so I can’t comment on the food or overall quality at this time.
 
Posts: 3999 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I train heavily and eat 6 small meals a day to get my daily protein I need for lifting. Factor is cost prohibitive. With a minor amount of work you can meal prep and save 75% compared to what Factor costs.



What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
 
Posts: 14251 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
With a minor amount of work you can meal prep and save 75% compared to what Factor costs.


This. The price you pay for the convenience of meal services like this is quite high compared to the savings afforded by making the minor effort to meal prep stuff yourself.

And "meal prep" doesn't just mean making a bunch of servings of the same recipe, like making 7 servings of grilled chicken and green beans and then choking it down every night for a week. Instead, you can prep a week's worth of basic protein on a Sunday afternoon that you can then turn into different meals all week long with just a few more minutes effort each evening. For example, grill a bunch of chicken on Sunday afternoon, then have chicken and veggies, chicken tacos, chicken pasta, chicken curry, chicken salad, chicken soup, etc. each night that week. Or smoke a pork butt and then have a different pulled pork recipe all week.
 
Posts: 35511 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
not used factor,

did use Hungry Root for about a year
did the amount needed per week to get free shipping,

no main issues with boxes, they were packed well and iced correctly for the most part,
did have a few minor issues once or twice that they credited for almost immediately


delivery was at best amusing,

no fedex/ups etc, just some dude would pull up wiht a car full of boxes, toss ours on the drive or sidewalk, and take off,



https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/
 
Posts: 11557 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I used Factor for a couple of test weeks.

My wife was happy with them.

I was always hungry after eating them.

The quality was good, but the portions were too small for me.
 
Posts: 5162 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
We use them sparingly. Food for the most part is really good. Although I find most meals seem spicy. We have experienced a day late scheduled delivery on numerous occasions causing the food not to hold the temperature. We called and complained. They quickly refunded the money plus a credit. They said they are working on resolving that. So far, the modified packing seems to have helped when deliveries were late. In short....Food good quality. Deliveries have been issues.


...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!
 
Posts: 14136 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Factor Prepared meals - anyone use this service

© SIGforum 2026