SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has the red tide completely destroyed the fun of the entire Gulf Coast or just portions???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has the red tide completely destroyed the fun of the entire Gulf Coast or just portions??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Going to Disney the week after Thanksgiving. Want to make a stop on the Gulf north of Orlando for the kids first beach visit?
Is it going to be alright any suggestions on which beach to visit?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just portions

I personally swam and had a nice beach day at Clearwater today (until the Tropical Storm blew in anyway...)

check here for concentrations:

http://myfwc.com/redtidestatus

it has been worst around Sarasota area

more info here:

http://www.fox13news.com/news/...-hillsborough-county

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
North of Clearwater/ Dunedin you should be fine.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nah, things are just fine in the real Gulf Coast, aka the Panhandle. Best Beaches around, especially when there aren't any Tropical Storms or Hurricanes around! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clearwater should be fine. If you go to the east coast, Cape Canaveral is about an hour east of Orlando and has nice beaches and NASA. The lake Okeechobee water exits in Ft. Myers on the West coast and Stuart,FL on the east coast. On the East coast it doesn't effect more than a 30 mile area N or S. On the West coast no more than 50 miles North or South.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
The TS /Hurricane will stir things up enough to make the red tide go away...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Go east to Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral. Nice beach at the entrance to Port Canaveral where you can watch the cruise ships entering and exiting the port. It's a Disney port as well. Submarines can be seen from time. We didn't see one, but we did see a B-2 bomber fly by. There's a neat little maritime museum in Port Canaveral tbat has a viewing platform up top. You can see a lot of the southern end of Cape Canaveral Naval Air Force Station from there. If you head south from there into Cape Canaveral, watch out for the peafowl, peacocks and peahens, crossing the road.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Daytona, New Symrna, Cocoa Beach are all clear, wife was there this weekend. Since you have kids hit Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach....

If you must hit the gulf, Clearwater and north should be clear...

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
30A beaches are in good shape.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Not exactly sure where your plans are, but St. Pete and north are clear. Wife was in Boca Grande this weekend, and it seems to have subsided down there as well.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
Not exactly sure where your plans are, but St. Pete and north are clear. Wife was in Boca Grande this weekend, and it seems to have subsided down there as well.

Currently trying to make them.
Our house is in Sarasota we usually got to Siesta or Longboat but my understanding is beaches are a no go for awhile there.

So we figured we’d hit a northern beach on the way down.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just spent 4 days on Perdido Key outside Pensacola. Water was great except for the pending TS Gordon.

Posts: 598 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Clearwater, Dunedin and up the coast to the north is unaffected.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1750 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post