SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I believe Doodles are taking over the dog world.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I believe Doodles are taking over the dog world. Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
.... he needs to be shaved about every 5 months.

Get a set of these....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To put on your Oster A5 and life gets easier.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Our last dog was a BichonPoo.

With all the Doodles running around, I am convinced the Poodles have NO morals. Kinda like a drunk soldier!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
If you breed a doodle with a poodle would it be double-doodle or a poodle-doodle?

I approve this, uhh, doodle. Very good.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
“F1B” isn’t a very catchy name though...

Aka, "mutt+++"

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Daughter has a Doodle. High energy.

I thought our Pibble was high energy. The Doodle makes her look like a sloth.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a three year old golden doodle, 90 lbs. Yep, energy! I have a “doggie walk along” rod that I attach to my bike as a standoff and he trots along side. Guy can cover a little over a mile without breaking a sweat. Besides that, it’s dog parks, dog friendly brewery play parks, hikes, and daily walks with my wife. Friendliest, most social, and laid back dog we’ve ever had.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:

Get a set of these....

Mike

I have a number 7 trimmer blade for my Oster and another one for my Wahl. They both work fine. I can do his body in no time flat, but the details are what take time (his face, feet, undercarriage (for some reason, he doesn't like me operating the power tool around his junk). . . Eek I can do it all by myself in about 2 hrs, so long as I take time for the blades to cool down (this is where it's handy having two trimmers). I end up with a garbage bag of dog hair when I'm done.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
We've had our Goldendoodle for three years and she's the best dog we've ever had.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:

Get a set of these....

Mike

I have a number 7 trimmer blade for my Oster and another one for my Wahl. They both work fine. I can do his body in no time flat, but the details are what take time (his face, feet, undercarriage (for some reason, he doesn't like me operating the power tool around his junk). . . Eek I can do it all by myself in about 2 hrs, so long as I take time for the blades to cool down (this is where it's handy having two trimmers). I end up with a garbage bag of dog hair when I'm done.

I've helped shear sheep. Clipping our Goldendoodle is similar....

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
To all those who groom their own, what are you using?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
To all those who groom their own, what are you using?

I bought a 'professional grade' Oster (A5 maybe?) clippers at Pet Smart for around $200. I figured at $70 per grooming, it would pay for itself after several uses. Well, never having used a trimmer before, I neglected to oil the blades sufficiently. So, the second time I tried to shave him, they warped and were ruined. It came with a #10 blade, which was pretty much bare skin. I since bought a #7 blade, which is a good length for our Goldendoodle. I bought another trimmer, a Wahl, for around the same price, and got a #7 for it, as well (I was sort of dense, and ruined two #10 blades before I realized how important oiling is). Hence, me buying a second trimmer thinking the first was defective or something. Live and learn. . .

Now, I oil frequently, and have no further problems. It really isn't rocket science, though I don't do nearly as good of a job as the professionals do (also, I don't injure my dog, as one of the 'professionals' did Mad ) (the day we brought him home one time, he had muscle spasms, and couldn't remain standing up for long periods of time (such as eating his dinner) - we have no idea what the groomer did to him, but after that, we swore we would never put him through that again).

I'll go into the garage and spread a blanket out for him to lay on, sit myself on a garden stool, and trim him. It's also good to have really good scissors, for the feet, face, plumbing, etc.

The dog hair gets everywhere, but hey, it's the garage, so who cares? One thing to look out for is the ears - the hair never stops growing, so you will have to make sure you trim his ear hair. Otherwise, it matts really badly and will probably cause an ear infection.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post