SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woodworkers, ID this clamp?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodworkers, ID this clamp? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

I use a sacrificial fence fairly regularly and this would elimate the problem of the clamps being in the way for taller cuts.

What's it called...and for bonus points, where can I get a pair?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Well, there ya go.

I should have thought to check Rockler.

Thanks!

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Three Minutes....Piece of Cake! Not a record, but still pretty damn impressive! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8960 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
SigForum...this is your brain on tools.

Posts: 18094 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Three Minutes....Piece of Cake! Not a record, but still pretty damn impressive! Wink

Bisley didn’t even get a chance to roll out the “Pondo-clamp” explanation...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15628 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Bisley didn’t even get a chance to roll out the “Pondo-clamp” explanation...

Not that it didn't cross my mind Razz Wink...

I'm just to slow these days Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did it help the logo is on the clamp?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11019 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
did it help the logo is on the clamp?

I saw that but couldn't read it.

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Going to pick up a couple sets, thanks for posting!

Looks like Amazon has a decent knock off set. I am going to try these.

https://www.amazon.com/Milescr...rockler+fence+clamps

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Going to pick up a couple sets, thanks for posting!

Looks like Amazon has a decent knock off set. I am going to try these.

https://www.amazon.com/Milescr...rockler+fence+clamps

Yup, that's the way I went.

The Bishop Of Death
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of the Rockler clamps and they work well. I put a couple of water bottle tops on the flat washers to keep from messing up the aluminum fence.

Under Construction

Posts: 362 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B92F:
I have a pair of the Rockler clamps and they work well. I put a couple of water bottle tops on the flat washers to keep from messing up the aluminum fence.

Good tip, I'll do that when mine come in.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
A good clamp is worth it's weight in gold.
Can never have enough or too many.
I like the Kreg stuff but plenty of good other products.
I got a Kreg router table which had many clamping options - GREAT ... going to build a Kreg based workbench with some of the clamp solutions ... sorry but I digress. Frown

Posts: 22948 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I like the Kreg stuff but plenty of good other products.
I got a Kreg router table which had many clamping options - GREAT ... going to build a Kreg based workbench with some of the clamp solutions ... sorry but I digress. Frown

I looked at some of the Kreg system, especially the pocket screw stuff. Toy budget is seriously anemic at the moment, but I may invest in that when things fatten up a little.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
And when you learn the terms "Bessey" and "K-Body" you'll know what excellent really is. Your bank account will also begin to shrink accordingly. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
And when you learn the terms "Bessey" and "K-Body" you'll know what excellent really is. Your bank account will also begin to shrink accordingly. Smile

Fer Shure. Used to watch Norm Abrams on PBS. Told the wife "He's got more money tied up in clamps than I do in my whole shop!"

posted Hide Post
I like watching these guys,
https://www.woodsmithshop.com/
but they kinda drive me nuts

They decide to build a nice gate leg table,

they already have $40,000.00 worth of tools,
before they start on the table they need to construct four different jigs on three different power tools Roll Eyes

so now they have three days and $70.00 in , just the jigs to make the table parts,
then

they start the table. they must have a separate shed just for all the jigs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54712 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
The thing about all the tools and jigs is that they make harder job easier and everything more consistent.

A master can make a beautiful piece of furniture with a set of tools that will fit in a box a little bigger than a shoebox.

Someone who hasn't put years and years of constant work into mastering those skills and techniques can't do the same job with the same tools, but a reasonably experienced amateur can compensate somewhat with a bunch of tools and jigs and produce very high quality pieces.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post