SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI knocks on your door
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI knocks on your door Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
video at link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1701382793878552959

"We’re from the FBI, you haven’t done anything wrong but we are hoping you can point us to people who might have done something wrong."

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Was that real? If so, that was creepy.

Posts: 11005 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Da hell?!?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
There's no fish in my stream.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6321 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
“Do you know anybody who may have done something wrong”

“Joe and Hunter Biden, perhaps. I mean, I don’t know them personally, but Joe acts like he knows me. I might could even get you (another) copy of Hunter’s laptop.”

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you can't be too careful and the trust factor of the FBI is not high, so best they be on their way.

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"You haven't done anything wrong, but you're known."

That's not my America.

"No need to fear, comrade. You have done nothing wrong- at least nothing we know of. But, as your friend, I think I should warn you that you are known by the authorities- you and your family. You have nice family, yes?"

I'll just wait for a member to come along and tell me "That's how things are done."

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
You are hiding them under the floorboards, are you not?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You are known. I swear, I never gave anyone permission to put me, my wife, and kids in that RV commercial.

Asking the guy on the right, “Are you with Fish & Wildlife? ‘Cause this guy is fishing without a license.”

You know, that guy who says something and everyone rolls their eyes? You mean the Governor of New Mexico?

I see the top men are busy.

Posts: 11005 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
If that video was real and not fake and not staged had they knocked on my door I would not have been as nice and cordial.. Would have Told them if not serving a warrant then get off my private property and do not return without a warrant......... Sounded like a school trained Communist agent by trying to get a citizen to turn information on other citizens.... "Big Brother".. "North Korea".. "Red China".. ...... drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask Michael Flynn if you should have a friendly conversation with the FBI.

Posts: 12730 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
good point. The unfortunate voice of experience.

Posts: 6404 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The "introductory tag" that "Mises Caucus" put inthe original Tweet/X topic is really misleading and misrepresented the FBI agent's statements. The agent did NOT tell the homeowner that if he didn't have anybody to inform on, that was suspicious and he must have done something wrong. "Mises Caucus" isn't helping himself---but at least he got lots of viewer "likes" out of it.

That being said, I witnessed "visits" like this numerous times when I was with Dallas PD and got dispatched to an "meet agency" call to provide a presence at a home or business and be an exrea pair of eyes and ears.

The homeowner in this encounter didn't offer up any information---but he wasn't required to. The agent played a few cards out of his deck but probably knew he wouldn't win more than a hand or two. I'd bet this particular game takes months to generate enough evidence to make an arrest.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I listened to what was said in the video and drew my conclusions based upon that. I paid attention to the content of the video, and only the content of the video because it was posted here by a trusted member of the forum.

The agent saying "You're known": That's a threat; not an advisory, not even a warning. A threat.

This is not what I want to see from the FBI. If the man they are talking to has done nothing wrong, they have no right to threaten him, no matter how "gently" they go about it. Not my America.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post

I did a search on "Can you imagine the FBI knocking on your door" and besides a lot of links to lawyers websites this OANN video showed up.

Posts: 3390 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
NEVER talk to the FBI...Ever!

'You must have me confused with someone else, have a nice day' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8947 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only watched the first minute but that is a fishing expedition.

Posts: 7022 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
The problem with this video is the same problem with about 95% of all the other police videos out there that are only a few minutes long. Namely. there is zero context to help draw a rational conclusion from what little there is.

For all we know the guy making the recording is a child molesting terrorist, who's part of a ring of child molesting terrorists who robbed six banks last week to fund his and his friends glorious revolution that's coming any day now.

Or he's some average dude who voted for Trump and posted something nasty about Biden in his local newspaper.

In this day and age, who knows?

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
For all we know the guy making the recording is a child molesting terrorist, who's part of a ring of child molesting terrorists who robbed six banks last week to fund his and his friends glorious revolution that's coming any day now.
Are we supposed to take this seriously? Do you believe that, or do you expect us to be believe that? Do you honestly think that if the guy were guilty of anything even approaching the wildly exaggerated crimes you suggested, that the FBI would approach him in this manner?

The context of the video is not absent; it is present and clear as day. Any thinking person can see what's going on in that video. The particulars are unnecessary.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
The "introductory tag" that "Mises Caucus" put inthe original Tweet/X topic is really misleading and misrepresented the FBI agent's statements. The agent did NOT tell the homeowner that if he didn't have anybody to inform on, that was suspicious and he must have done something wrong.

With regards to the FBI, I swear to God, I couldn't care less.

I've said it before and am now saying it again. The FBI deserves absolutely zero deference or any type of benefit of the doubt. No more. No longer. They have lost my respect forever. And when I was younger, I seriously considered a career in the FBI. Now I hope to live to see the day when that agency is non-existent.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post