SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beer Glasses - What Are Your Favorites?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beer Glasses - What Are Your Favorites? Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
The other thread piqued my interested and I figured I would throw up my collection. I love drinking out of a Maß although those occasions are limited. Pint glasses are most common but I also have a set for specific styles. A pilsner, amber, stout/porter, and hefe glass. Coolest one is das Boot. I have another box of glasses but the wife said we have too many as is.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ive got 4 I stole from the bar in college 10 years ago. Those are my favorite. They are just pints.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
^ Nothing breeds fond memories like successful thievery Roll Eyes

These are the best. Ravenhead, from England. The heft & balance of the glass enhances the drinking experience

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5675 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Viking beer horn.
Nothing breeds fond memories like successful conquest.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
From steal the pint nights and a few being sent by friends I've got the cabinet full of beer glasses. Wife is not amused. My standard is a pub pint (16oz) or the imperial stout glass (bowl on a stem I think).

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have several of these Sam Adams Octoberfest mugs. Perfect for a 500 ml bottle of quality German Märzen.

I also drink a lot of Hefeweizens during the warmer months, and have a few specialized Weizen glasses for those.

quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
These are the best. Ravenhead, from England. The heft & balance of the glass enhances the drinking experience

My favorite local pizza joint uses those for their draft beers. Definitely better than the standard restaurant pint glass.

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Full ones!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7517 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My favorites are conical Pilsner glasses. Like these, except mine are larger (0.5l + freeboard)

https://www.amazon.com/Schott-...23d84aed4cc177aa7b75

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9477 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Are beer glasses less effective than beer goggles?

I like the goblet style Stella Artois glasses. The Sam Adams coke glass like ones are nice too.

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
^ Nothing breeds fond memories like successful thievery Roll Eyes

Hah! Bar I used to frequent (and I do mean frequent) years ago used these. Finally, one day, I told the manager "I'm stealing one of these as a souvenir" Smile. She let me.

I since bought three more. I've no idea which is the "stolen" one. I agree: They are the best. I tend to save 'em for when we have guests over. For my own "daily driver" use I have a collection of other glasses, mugs and steins I use.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I just wear the same ones I use when I'm not having beer.

Posts: 27184 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I've got a few Weizen glasses, a few of the conical Pilsner type, the obligatory bar pint ones, and a specific glass for Duval. The Duval glass has an etching on the bottom that helps the beer stay carbonated.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
and a specific glass for Duval. The Duval glass has an etching on the bottom that helps the beer stay carbonated.

Duvel?

Duvel:

Duval(l):

(Big Grin)

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I've got a few Weizen glasses, a few of the conical Pilsner type, the obligatory bar pint ones, and a specific glass for Duval. The Duval glass has an etching on the bottom that helps the beer stay carbonated.

Re: "etching on the bottom that helps the beer stay carbonated."

I thought the etching promoted bubbles, which decarbonates the beer. But I've been wrong before…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9477 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I thought the etching promoted bubbles, which decarbonates the beer. But I've been wrong before…

Basically, yes. It creates nucleation sites. The released gas forms a nice head on the Devil.

As for glass, I like the nonik pints.

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have just learned that simply asking your waiter/waitress if you can have the glass that has your favorite beer brand on it will score you the glass the majority of the time. My friend has a nice collection of all kinds of glasses and I always wondered why someone would spend all that money for glasses, now I know.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Basically, yes. It creates nucleation sites. The released gas forms a nice head on the Devil.

Duvel:

Devil:

Duvel Devil:

(Wink)

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Sssst... hier rijpt den Duvel

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I think I prefer the single use aluminum ones. Only a filthy Euro type would want a large beer mug that allowed the beer to get warm. In the summer I prefer a foam item we call a cold cup. Around the aforementioned aluminum. The advantage of the aluminum ones is there is no need to wash them. They never break, but then a good grip helps in that.

Once, way back when drinkin' beer was more fashionable, my buddy Vern came to get me. We went to a club owned property and drank up all we could beg. Then we started on our own. Vern had backed into the patio area, and we invited all our drinking buddies to put their empties in the bed of the truck. Finally when totally sloshed and all the favored containers were securely tossed in, we left.

Vern dropped me off and headed home. In typical hillbilly fashion, he parked in his back yard. But before pulling down his alley, he stopped along the river bank and kicked all his cans out in a huge pile. Along came the locals. One said "hey Vern, what the hell are you doing?" He said feeding the rats and homeless. The nice cop said it looks more like littering. But Vern just said lets see how many are still there tomorrow when you come on duty.

And sure enough, when Vern left for work the next morning the scavengers were hard at work bagging them all up for transport to the scrap dealer. Your soapy waste water pollutes streams.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post