SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time magazine changes cover photo because it would have helped Trump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time magazine changes cover photo because it would have helped Trump Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Hope this isn't a jib-jab but I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else yet.

Time swapped out the iconic photo of Donald Trump with his fist raised and the American flag in the background to a trashed after-rally photo.

Check it out for yourself...
https://time.com/6999339/polit...lence-america-unity/

This is now the Time cover...

Bastards! Never bought their magazine anyway.

They squandered their chance at a one-in-a-lifetime collector's issue.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5540 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Media stopped being impartial since at least 1987.

They are a business, not a resource.

Fuck em.

And your photo is about the size of the dildo I would use.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6643 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't this be posted in the Trump IV thread?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16996 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

I PDF'd the story and images that Time already put out there.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It may be useful to know that American news reporting businesses haven’t ever been nonpartisan, or certainly not since the mid-nineteenth century.

The newspaper in my small town dates back to the 1880s and is still named the “Herald Democrat.” In those days that sort of thing was common and other papers included “Republican” in their names. Our paper sometimes seems to be a little embarrassed by the name and often just refers to itself as “the Herald,” but they haven’t changed it either. Doing so would no doubt be unpopular among the locals if their consistent voting record is any indication.

The partisanship may (may) have died down in the mid-twentieth century, but it certainly picked up in the 60s. Even as a largely naïve and clueless teenager, that became obvious to me during the campaign between Johnson and Goldwater.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47751 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Monkey for the win, AGAIN!
Back in the day I used to read TIME cover to cover before my parents got hold of it> I kept the subscription going for a few years after their passing but eventually dropped it when I began to wake up to their liberal BS

Posts: 1301 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, it was a trashy move by Time judging by all of the water bottles on the ground left by attendees when told to evacuate NOW and the sparkling clean recycling container going to waste..

Posts: 3428 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Time is still in business? I guess I haven’t been to the dentist in a while.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8285 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Media stopped being impartial since at least 1987.

They are a business, not a resource.

Fuck em.

And your photo is about the size of the dildo I would use.

On them right? Razz

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Time is still in business? I guess I haven’t been to the dentist in a while.
All of the medical-type offices I've been to now have removed all magazines since covid struck.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

The image Time wants to forget.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
TIME wishes the bullet impacted 2 inches to the left.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The Commie editors of Time eschew good business practices... they would have sold tens of thousands more copies of their rag if they had kept the original photo.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
There are asshats and truly vile repulsive ASSHATs! Guess which the Time bozos are.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16551 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes. I would have bought one for the cover.

I am going to have a print made of the "original" and frame it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Me too.

Shame on them and their stupidity.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time magazine said that there was no change to the cover and that the outlet routinely publishes multiple covers.

“Time regularly publishes multiple covers for each print issue. Both the ‘Attack on Trump’ cover and the ‘What Unites Us’ cover are scheduled to be printed with the Aug. 5 Time magazine,” a magazine spokesperson said.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...ter-time-changes-co/

NRA Life Member

Posts: 248 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time, time mag man,
You've got me on the rag, man
Take your insults about the Queen
And stuff them up your royal Timeese machine!

Posts: 17267 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post